Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dayton, OHIO- The NSCA is compelled to announce the cancellation of the Numidia, Pa race. Among the contractual obstacles, insurance issues particular to our title and associate rights sponsorships led to an impasse we were not able to overcome. As recently as Tuesday proposals were on the table in an effort to rectify the situation, but a workable solution never presented itself.

The staff at the NSCA regrets the late notice, and would like to point out this delay was a by-product of several last ditch attempts to draft a solution that would save the race. This event will not be made up.

Eliminations from Salem will be contested at the World Finals in Columbus, Ohio. The combination of the central location and the three day structure of the event made it a perfect candidiate.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just so everybody gets a clearer Picture the only dates available at another Track(s) were on PRO/NMCA Dates......as not to further the (fill in blank yourself) with PRO/NMCA Tony opted not to reschedule the Race

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sucks to be Tony having to make that call, but canceling a race impacts championship points as it eliminates a date for "making up" points for those chasing points who are the ones traveling the circuit and supporting NSCA so I hope Pro did not influence our getting a make up of the race for NSCA.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red the only dates open at the Tracks he was lookin at were on PRO/NMCA Dates....Tony didn't want to escalate the tension between the 2.........He knew whatever he did there would be stone throwers.....so he did what he thought was best for EVERYBODY

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Actually, everybody is impacted the same, 0 points. It's unfortunate that the track has had these problems, but the only thing that never changes is that things change. We just have to make the best of what's there and move on.

I do support Tony and crew in making a decision not to hold an uninsured event. That would be suicide!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Mike everyone is not affected the same way. Removing 1 race means 1 less opportunity to move up in points and could potenitally cost someone a championship.

For example, if a driver finishes second for the season by say 10 points, couldn't that missing event easily cause a 10 point swing?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I'm taking bids on my 4 plane flight tickets that were for this event, into Philly!.... valued at like 185.00 each!....no waite I'll send the bill to Budd & Company! :-D

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Johnny Baio said:
I'm taking bids on my 4 plane flight tickets that were for this event, into Philly!.... valued at like 185.00 each!....no waite I'll send the bill to Budd & Company! :-D
You should just eat the cost and support the organization. Get with the program Johnny!!

Or...you could fly to Philly and party like a rock star with Ray. :partyman:

·
16,373 Posts
Johnny Baio said:
Wow, you were coming to Philly??? And I thought Monty was getting too close coming to MD. GEEZ!!! Thanx, Numidia. LOL RAY :smt005

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
REDGAR said:
Mike everyone is not affected the same way. Removing 1 race means 1 less opportunity to move up in points and could potenitally cost someone a championship.

For example, if a driver finishes second for the season by say 10 points, couldn't that missing event easily cause a 10 point swing?
I understand the opportunity to advance but there are also odds that one could do worse. W/O the event, no one advances or retards.

I know it's a pain, but directly it's the same pain for all.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,393 Posts
But if someone missed the first event because of the car not being done (monty), now he has 2 races that are 0 points. Where as someone who has made every event but didnt perform well at one still has an advantage.. It sucks, but what can ya do....

Vanilla

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Vanilla said:
But if someone missed the first event because of the car not being done (monty), now he has 2 races that are 0 points. Where as someone who has made every event but didnt perform well at one still has an advantage.. It sucks, but what can ya do....

Vanilla
Im not welcome at the NSCA events.. My car is not built to their rules.. But they may meet their rules next month... :roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Attention NSCA & American Super Car Challenge Racers
We at Numidia are sorry NSCA couldn’t pull off the event, that so many of you were looking forward to.

The good news is that we are geared up to run the event in an "NSCA format". All American Supercar Challenge Racers will get points for the race!

We are currently talking with potential sponsors.
If we unable to secure a Sponsor, we plan to run the event with purses based on car counts. If you are aware of someone who would like to participate as a Sponsor, please let us know.

Numidia, "The Best Place to Drag Race", is “the most beautiful” dragstrip on East Coast. The view in every direction is “breathtaking”. Please email me at: [email protected] or call me at 860-690-3931. All of us at Numidia, will do everything possible to make this event an “extraordinary fun weekend” for you. If you can make it for Friday Night, we run Time Trials 6pm-10pm for only $20!
Camping is always free. Join us for "Thrills in the Hills of Pennsylvania".

Thanks,

Phil Blazawski

·
Registered
4 Posts
Attention NSCA & American Super Car Challenge Racers We at Numidia are sorry NSCA couldn’t pull off the event, that so many of you were looking forward to. We have insurance.

The good news is that we are geared up to run the event in an "NSCA format". All American Supercar Challenge Racers will get points for the race! It will be Tony's decision regarding NSCA points.

We are currently talking with potential sponsors.
If we unable to secure a Sponsor, we plan to run the event with purses based on car counts. If you are aware of someone who would like to participate as a Sponsor, please let us know.

Numidia, "The Best Place to Drag Race", is “the most beautiful” dragstrip on East Coast. The view in every direction is “breathtaking”. Please email me at: [email protected] or call me at 860-690-3931. All of us at Numidia, will do everything possible to make this event an “extraordinary fun weekend” for you. If you can make it for Friday Night, we run Time Trials 6pm-10pm for only $20!
Camping is always free. Join us for "Thrills in the Hills of Pennsylvania".

Thanks,

Phil Blazawski

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Phil, the NSCA is having a hard time with there own format to bring spectators to the stands. No disrespect meant by this but you need to look somewhere else to pack the stands. Just my 2 cents..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts