Yellow Bullet Forums banner

281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
draggin' ass
13,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
I think Im going to get rid of this big ass hood. I can't see a damn thing out of the windshield. You have the right idea with the small cowl

Before selling yours, take a pie cut out of the rear portion and re fiberglass it back together. Look at the side profile of my hood. Its a 5 to 4 inch cowl and works great!

·
draggin' ass
13,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
I just got my battery and Gainesville is closed till after the Gatornationals next week. It may be a couple weeks, Im not sure.

·
draggin' ass
13,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Got my new battery in and installed. The gator nationals are done so I can get back to Gainesville to get my license. Now I just need to line up a couple friends schedules to come coach me and sign off on the process.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Firetruck, I just read all 20 pages of this thread, and I have to say your truck looks great and your commitment to it is pretty inspiring. You commented on my half-ass build thread that need to get my ass in gear, and your right, but I cant decide if this thread is encouraging or depressing :). I've got a long way to go, but no way am i going to be one of the guys that gives up his money and spot in drag week this year.

·
draggin' ass
13,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #289 (Edited)
Its a process when you only build what you can afford and refuse to build it on a Visa card. Let my thread serve as inspiration and not a deterrent. I managed to do all this with a now 3 and 5 year old as well as being out of work for some time. Just remember, you can always take pride in your work knowing you did it yourself. the trick is knowing how far your talent can take you and paying for proper work to tie it all together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
"I managed to do all this with a now 3 and 5 year old as well as being out of work for some time."

Family life sounds familiar, I have a 4 year old and 1-1/2 year old, I work second shift and my wife works days, so I'm mister mom until 2:00 p.m. I just hope I don't get to far behind on my build. I feel like I'm being a little complacent thinking drag week isn't until September, and it's only April (though you would know it because it wont stop snowing). I do look at your build as inspiration, I just need to get my ass in rolling on this thing:). Also what is you avatar, I know I've seen it, but I can't place it and its killing me.

·
draggin' ass
13,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
My avatar is Tony Clifton, one of Andy Kaufmans many characters.

As for goals, I prefer performance ones rather then those of time frames. You have no idea what life throws your way for time but you can always set a goal to reach for. Every time someone asked me my plans, I told them I have money to go fast but not set records. Do I admire those who are out there competing, SURE I do. Do I value more in life then simply racing, yep. I race as a hobby and enjoy its many processes. The research, hunt for parts, build and tuning are all parts of the fun for me. My buddies have asked me why I did not put a fogger on my motor yet and the simple reason is I have yet to see what it will do NA so why skip straight to the bottle.

Im happy I can serve as a inspiration to others, just look at the post dates and you can see how long I have been working at this. My junk did not happen over night and most likely neither will yours.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Very well stated Sir. I know I have been repeatedly inspired by your build threads and completely agree with you. I refuse to pay someone to do the things that I can do myself. The blood and sweat of a build is the best part... I maintain that a project car is never finished. It is constantly evolving. Building what you can afford... Exactly.

Its a process when you only build what you can afford and refuse to build it on a Visa card. Let my thread serve as inspiration and not a deterrent. I managed to do all this with a now 3 and 5 year old as well as being out of work for some time. Just remember, you can always take pride in your work knowing you did it yourself. the trick is knowing how far your talent can take you and paying for proper work to tie it all together.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Love the build. About to start building my 8.50 cage for my turbo ls blazer. I'll be looking through this thread a few more times I'm sure haha.

·
Who Farted...?!?!
3,485 Posts
truck is looking good bro. prob going to be doing a fiberglass dash in mine soon also...

·
draggin' ass
13,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
I haven't done hit with her but I do plan to go next Friday for my birthday to a midnight madness in Gainesville.

·
draggin' ass
13,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Little bit of a update. I am at the limits of my Eibach lowering springs and the QA1 front and rear shocks. I have ordered a set of Calvert split mono springs through Ron Rhodes Race Cars. I also have a set of front and rear Menser shocks in the works. According to several people familiar with my chassis and power, I am well below the performance my combo is capable of. I did run a best of 6.58 at 108.8 on Saturday in Gainesville. My springs should be here this week and I the shocks are close behind.

281 - 300 of 330 Posts