Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bunch of you already know my situation with my car. In the past four year I had to deal with the so called chassis guy/shop that had it for so long just to do the cage and suspension install. Once I got my car back, I took the past year off helping my wonderful and loving girlfriend deal with cancer and helping us move into a new place. Since then I have read a lot of posts on here and talked to a ton of people about how I should finish my car and who I should let work on it. This past Saturday my buddy Jason (LS10Blazer) and I left home at 5am and was I95 southbound for Aiken, SC. We arrived at NRC and we were both amazed at how clean the exterior of the property is and even more shocked when we saw how meticulously clean and organized the shop itself is (doubting they actually do any work lol). We met with Bob and shortly thereafter his son Jay, two of the nicest and most knowledgeable people I have come across in the sport. They both went over my car with a fine tooth comb. Bob and I talk almost on a daily basis, whether it’s through email or by phone and he has always kept me updated on any ideas or changes to the car. He is very interested in keeping me up to date on what’s going on elsewhere in our sport as well. The man is quite informative. After spending most of the afternoon talking with Bob and Jay, my buddy and I decided to make the eight hour trip back home and said our goodbyes. In the end, the long sixteen hour drive was worth it. NRC and Bob/Jay are really great people and I can’t stress enough on their great work product. I look forward to having my car built by them and also interacting with them on regarding its progress from start to finish and beyond. Bob and Jay, I can’t thank you enough for helping me get my mess of a car straight and closer to being finished.
Thanks,
Charles R.

·
Go Fuck Yourself
7,143 Posts
Already in your sig. Lol

That's awesome good to hear something positive on here.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,191 Posts
REALLY GREAT GUYS...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice people down that way.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Sounds like great guys to have in your corner

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I agree... They did my work as well. Bob & Jay and NRC is the way to go if you're in the south east. After getting several outrageous local quotes by shops with no "real" reputation, I opted to drive the 8 hour round trip to take it to NRC. Their work is amazing, their shop is amazing and they're good people. If I ever step up from my 8.50 cage to a 25.x cage, they'll be doing the work cause I KNOW that Jay LOVES my car!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You have made a wise choice my friend. When I first meet Bob and Jay I brought my truck and was ready to spend whatever my pockets were heavy then LOL, but Bob insisted I didnt need some of my requests and explained why and showed me what would be best and he was right. The expence was minumal compared to others that I inquired to. superb quality,and most important I went through a concrete wall yes through it everything around the cage was destroyed but none of the cage was damaged at all. I walked away with a concussion because my belts were not tight enough. Most importantly I made 2 friends for life. Wait till you see your car you will be like a kid at christmas I know I was

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Already in your sig. Lol

That's awesome good to hear something positive on here.
lol, now we don't have to do anything, now thats its there...............:rolleyes:

thanks charles hopefully we can get it the way you want it ,:cool:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bob is an awesome guy. Drove up to buy their wagon and was running behind waited for us to get there and load car. Shop is amazingly clean and tidy. Good choice taking it to them. Also some of the best Labor rates for fabrication hands down.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Their work is great and the guys are the best around!

...............even if Bob would only answer questions for me on Wednesdays........................................... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
...............even if Bob would only answer questions for me on Wednesdays........................................... :rolleyes:
its wed now, but phone doesn't work. wink,wink:smt082

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts

·
Registered
9,850 Posts

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
nice to see a positive post about a chassis shop on this forum. usually it's just negative stuff. glad to here you had a good experience.
thanks guy's.

but there are quite a few shops on this board,that are good and no complaints about.but for some reason some of the members don't use who's on here[and support the racers] and then come back with the horror stories..

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol, now we don't have to do anything, now thats its there...............:rolleyes:
:smt075

Thanks charles hopefully we can get it the way you want it ,:cool:
I have great confidence in you and Jay. Hell, I highly doubt that you could do any worse than what the last guy did and sadly enough it took him four years and it still came out like the crap pile it did :SHTF

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts