Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dropped of the block, crank,piston,rods,balancer,flex plate today,

Bore , hone, align hone, zero deck, cam bearings, freeze plugs, balance rotating assembly. I'm trying to get it done for Cruising for a Cure at the end of Sept. Still have a lot to go, posi,gears,bearings etc for a complete rebuild ( UPS to deliver today ) that I bought from Brydon who is a member here.

Transmission goes out for a rebuild this weekend back to stock.

Ordered Long Branch exhaust manifolds

A lot to do on a short time.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Tranny back to stock, car is going for a cruise and you're wasting all that money on machine work?
Align hone and zero deck? That screws up the timing chain, weakens the deck, but I guess you get to use those blue perma-torques in the rebuild kit....

·
Registered
22,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tranny back to stock, car is going for a cruise and you're wasting all that money on machine work?
Align hone and zero deck? That screws up the timing chain, weakens the deck, but I guess you get to use those blue perma-torques in the rebuild kit....
Yep. That's correct.

·
Banned
41,558 Posts
Dropped of the block, crank,piston,rods,balancer,flex plate today,

Bore , hone, align hone, zero deck, cam bearings, freeze plugs, balance rotating assembly. I'm trying to get it done for Cruising for a Cure at the end of Sept. Still have a lot to go, posi,gears,bearings etc for a complete rebuild ( UPS to deliver today ) that I bought from Brydon who is a member here.

Transmission goes out for a rebuild this weekend back to stock.

Ordered Long Branch exhaust manifolds

A lot to do on a short time.
You may want to reconsider beefing up the trans since you're going to be upgrading to Long Brach exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
22,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may want to reconsider beefing up the trans since you're going to be upgrading to Long Brach exhaust manifolds.
Understandable, but for reasons I have, I will go stock TH400 as built when car was new.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
44 days and expecting to have it finished. You must have a good shop. The shop I use is one of the best at machine work. But it takes them 44 days and 15 phone calls just to get started on it.

But my $1200 block work job doesn't compare to another guys $50k pullin tractor engine.

·
Registered
22,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
44 days and expecting to have it finished. You must have a good shop. The shop I use is one of the best at machine work. But it takes them 44 days and 15 phone calls just to get started on it.

But my $1200 block work job doesn't compare to another guys $50k pullin tractor engine.
Can only hope they get it done in the 3 weeks they said. I know it's going to be tuff to do it all in that time frame but almost all the reality shows do it in 10 days, lol

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
22,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dear Mr. 1Slowmopar, I have taken into consideration your suggestion and years of great advise given to all the YB members thru out the years. I have decided to to use the upgraded rebuild kit but keep the shifting stock style ( no hard shifts). Thank you again and looking forward to more expert advise, your pal Lou

1 - 16 of 16 Posts