Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
70 Nova with Landrum split monos, sliders, And Smith Racecraft Assasin bars. Currently using Calvert shocks. Cars works well but trying to see if I would want to go to a better shock with radials. Goes in the 20's for 60' now. Leave well enough alone? I know there is a lot of unknown info here but just looking for a general idea. How fast have some been with similar set up?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Been 1.27 on the back tire very close to your set up with a radial but that was a few years back. Our track does not prep very well for radials anymore. Seems like you got it all lined out on a slick.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I want to run a coil over shock mount on the rear.
Is the ideal shock orientation vertical, slightly angled in towards the top of the shock?
And, what bar did you weld in between the frame rails?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Vertical is typical, but do account for clearance when the rear end rotates, you don't want the shock body to hit the coil over mounts. The crossbar on mine is in the trunk between the rear cage bars, it's 25.3 deal. Lot of people just put a bar between the rear frame rails, long time ago when I had one like that it wanted to twist. So it needs to be something pretty stout.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Just curious but how much if any preload do you have on your bars? Theres a guy on here that builds Menscer shocks who could build you something with custom valving. I'd say that's likely your next step is to buy a shock tailored to your setup. Just my humble opinion

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quick question for the assassin bar folks, do you find the adjustment capability useful or redundant compared to the Caltracs?
Also, it seems smarter to relocate the shocks to a more vertical location vs stock, if for no other reason than to open up possibilities to use better shocks. But, looking at the TRZ website, there are options for 5, 6, and 7” shocks. I’m guessing you want to allow for as much travel as possible, but the deciding factor being whether or not one would want to cut into the trunk area to make room?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts