Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to get my Nova dialed in on nitrous and got the shorts down to a 1.58 60' leaving right off idle. Here are some details:

355 inch sbc
100 HP nitrous plate
Double hump heads
Unknown cam
Compression thought to be ~12.5:1
VP110 fuel
TH350
3.73 gears
28x9 slicks
~3350lbs with me in it
footbrake
Factory leaf springs with aluminum bushings front and rear
3 degree leaf spring shims
Competition engineering traction bars and rear shocks (not adjustable)

I have the traction bar snubbers both barley touching with me in the driverseat right behind the front bushings. The car will pull both front tires a few inches evenly but then turns left a bit. A buddy of mine mentioned to swap the leaf springs left to right then move the second and third leaf spring a bit forward in the spring pack to make them stiffer in the front. I'd like to keep it old school with traction bars to go along with the Cragar SS's and the mailbox hood. Here is a video of what is going on:

How can I get it to go straight?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Increase the snubber distanceon the right traction bar. Make sure the rear shocks aren’t topping out either. Video is pretty far away.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 3 window. I trimmed off 3/8" off the passenger side traction bar snubber and now the car goes straight. Judging by the go pro video under the car it looks like my rear shocks are maxing out. It's not unloading the tires so I'm not sure if I need to correct it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Put an extension on the upper shock mounts just in case. 1.5-2.0 of exposed shaft is all you need.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I add a shock extension at the top wouldn't that bottom out the shock at rest?

I uploaded the video here:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Here is what I did before switching to SSM lift bars when I used slapper bars. I had the same bars as yours but ditched the rubber snubbers at the track, added bolts with a small plate on the top. It helped get the car to launch great as I could tailor the LH and RH air gap better at some tracks. Can be a little noisy in the car on the hit but wasn't bad. Sold the slapper bars and went SSM bars, car launches straight as an arrow since. Will be switching to Cal-tracks soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts