Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1970 Nova
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this car for 37 years and have had nearly every N/A combo in I can think of. Now it’s time to put it back on the track. California car so it’s kind of hard to cut it up (obviously not a real Yenko) but with the prices of nice drag cars I guess it doesn’t matter much as long as I enjoy it.

I started on the DSE mini tubs today. It took 8 hours to install the passenger side today. It really isn’t hard to do if you have some fab skills. I should be able to get the driver side done tomorrow. I am going to try and have this thing done by spring so I gotta bust ass but I think it is doable.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior

Wood Stemware Gas Building Engineering

Composite material Gas Machine Motor vehicle Metal

· Registered
1970 Nova
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So a slight setback this weekend. I went to install my Global West interlocking subframe bushings and I accidentally must have ordered the wrong ones. I didn’t know they made different ones. So rather than send them back,I just made new upper halves so I could continue installing the connectors.
Automotive tire Kitchen appliance Audio equipment Kitchen Gas

Automotive tire Fluid Gas Auto part Liquid

· Registered
1970 Nova
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I really wanted to use a Dana 60 in this car so I called Strange to place an order. The salesman acted like I was wasting his time so I just politely ended the call. I called back a day later and got a different salesman,also got the same type of reply. I decided to call Quick Performance and order a 9 inch. What a difference in customer service! Very nice,easy people to deal with. They took my measurements over the phone,sent me a quote and I have a housing 3 weeks later. Center and axles should be here next week. It fits like a glove and looks great. I would recommend them to anyone.
Aircraft Automotive tire Aerospace manufacturer Vehicle Aviation

Gas Machine Engineering Composite material Flooring

Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wheel

· Registered
1970 Nova
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QP is great to work with, I've gotten a bunch of stuff from them and have never had a problem, can't beat their prices either. Really clean build, your seat brackets gave me a great idea on mine, thanks.
I forgot to make my measurements to center the pinion to the transmission,I just gave them the total WMS. When I got it back,they centered it for me.That was a pleasant surprise.

· Registered
5,265 Posts
So I really wanted to use a Dana 60 in this car so I called Strange to place an order. The salesman acted like I was wasting his time so I just politely ended the call. I called back a day later and got a different salesman,also got the same type of reply. I decided to call Quick Performance and order a 9 inch. What a difference in customer service! Very nice,easy people to deal with. They took my measurements over the phone,sent me a quote and I have a housing 3 weeks later. Center and axles should be here next week. It fits like a glove and looks great. I would recommend them to anyone. View attachment 424161
View attachment 424159
View attachment 424160
Dammmmmmmm LOVE IT

· Registered
1970 Nova
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I got a mock up block and transmission in and checked/ corrected clearance issues. Also made the steering mounts and got the quick release on.

Attachments

· Registered
1970 Nova
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also started on the window net mounts. I threaded one end of the upper shaft and put a 3/8 heim joint on,then welded the release tab to the other.
For the lower shaft I threaded Both ends for a 3/8 lock nut.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts