Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok short and sweet.

71 nova front drum to disc conversion. Got one from Speedway motors, no instructions. Everything was ok but now to the booster.

I bought a power booster and m/c combo. I mount it to the firewall and attach the rod and clevis to the pedal arm, 2nd hole down. When I tighten the nuts ont he rear of the booster, the little push rod in the middle extends approx. an inch. That can't be right. Won't the brakes be on all the time??

Now, the m/c appears to have a deep hole. There is also about an inch and a half steel slug that appears to go in the end. Wouldn't this multiply the issue from above and reeally apply the brakes??

I am now thinking of going to a manual disc instead because I really don't think I'll have the vacuum to run the brakes power brakes anyway. So what m/c and rod would that take??

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am now totally lost, confused, frustrated, and getting extremely p!ssed!

Thanks
James

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
A good parts man can tell you what Camaro Z28 used 4 wheel discs with a 1 1/8 bore, I think it is a 69 model. That M/C will bolt direct to the firewall and will operate aftermarket disc brakes just fine. Or you can buy a Strange M/C and use it but the holes will need slotted a little to fit the firewall. RM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.