Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car: 1971 Chevy Nova

So I have a dilemma. The centerline of my front wheels is completely parallel to the rear axle centerline. I've made two arbitrary lines perpendicular to these two wheel centerlines. The problem I have is that neither rocker panel flange is parallel to these two arbitrary lines. The car has a Ventura front subframe so I'm thinking it may have been wrecked at some point in time. Is my dilemma a common occurence with Novas? Is it even an issue? Also, what is the best way to find the body centerline of the car?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I doubt it is Nova specific. You never find a car that come from a factory that is all square, accurate or true. Always base your chassis work off the suspension centerlines, spindle centerlines, etc. Dont worry too much about the body being square, because you'll probably be chasing your tail.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I read in a bump steer article that this is somewhat common in some novas. What other cars this may be somewhat common is unknown by myself

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I find any car without a full frame is usually not straight. Even a frame car can be wrong but all the uni body and sub frame cars are usually way off. I try to center line the body first then put the subframe and rear end in so it looks decent going down the track but that doesn't always work out either. Alot of these things have been crashed bad and fixed up poorly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts