Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes.

Paul Zazerine, a legendary Musclecar officienado has passed on.
Paul was a co-worker in the magazine business and a tv show called "the American Muscle Car"
Thru our work, Paul and I became friends and now he's no longer with us.

We are trying to Honor Paul, by organizing a cruise to his Memorial Service.
Here are the details:

Cruise together to Paul Zazerine's Memorial this Sunday Afternoon, January 16, 2011.

We will meet at the T/A Truck Stop on I-4 EXIT 10 (county rd. 579). This is just east of the I-4 /I-75 interchange. There is a big Camping World at this exit, also a Flying J Truckstop. The T/A Truckstop where we'll be meeting is across the street from the Flying J. At the top of the exit ramp, turn left onto CR 579 and it'll be on the right, just past the overpass.
They sell BP gas there, so you can gas up (unless you still have some enviro issues with BP). Not making a statement either way, just advising you can gas up there!

Time -- 3:30PM - 4PM. We will depart this truck stop at 4PM, cruising with lights on (at a pace that won't overtax any classic cars), to Orlando.

Pauls Memorial Service is at Carl Black Pontiac in Orlando, 11500 East Colonial Drive (Hwy. 50), Orlando, FL 32817. The Memorial is scheduled for 6PM-9PM that evening.

We understand this is short notice and that out of state peeps can't come, but we figured better to try, than not at all.

Paul helped launch some of the magazine titles a lot of us read, Musclecar Review, Corvette Fever, Pontiac Enthusiast, Mopar Muscle, to name a few! Paul also worked on the tv show American Muscle Car with Stan Reardon and I, so we are certain, wether you knew it or not, Paul probably touched your lives.
Paul shared the same passion most of us on YellowBullet have, racing and the American Muscle Car.
We are in hopes that some of you will be able to share a few moments with all of us and Paul's Wife, if not? That's OK! Maybe say a prayer or think of Paul on Sunday. His Family will certainly appreciate it.

Hope to see some of you there!

All the best,

Chuck West

·
Aviation Section
26,029 Posts
Saw Paul a couple of years ago at a Mopar car show here in South Florida, we talked for about an hour, I recognized him right away from the Musclecar shows he was always on as an expert commentator.

Couldn't help but see how overweight he was and I don't know but I think that contributed to his early passing. A very knowledgeable and nice guy, R.I.P.! Dave

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave

You are correct on all counts. Nice guy, an expert on all Muscle Cars and much passion. Health issues too! Lesson perhaps to us all!

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
Suzi (my wife) and I found out about Paul passing last week. I worked with him, but never directly for him, while Suzi was an Art Director for him. He was a good guy, and was very knowledgeable.

It's a shame... 59 years old.

-Brad

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Michael and Brad

Brad, as I remember things, at least in my work with DPG, for the most part, it was a great place to work and even though we may have actually had a "direct", we reported to, it was probably one big team that worked together. Was the best JOB I ever had and Paul was part of the upper team.
I thought I knew a lot, but Paul taught me more. Paul was always a good person to me, both at DPG and on the TV show.
He'll be missed by a lot of people, I am sure of that!

Be well,

Chuck West

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
Thanks Michael and Brad

Brad, as I remember things, at least in my work with DPG, for the most part, it was a great place to work and even though we may have actually had a "direct", we reported to, it was probably one big team that worked together. Was the best JOB I ever had and Paul was part of the upper team.
I thought I knew a lot, but Paul taught me more. Paul was always a good person to me, both at DPG and on the TV show.
He'll be missed by a lot of people, I am sure of that!

Be well,

Chuck West
Yeah, Dobbs WAS a great place to work, and you're right--the company was one big team.

I got a lot from being there and working with all of them.

-Brad

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks All!
Just one last bump to the top, just in case some locals see this and would like to participate and send Paul off with last respects.
I know he shared a lot in his magazine articles and tv show info.
At times, Paul seemed like he was keeping the Pontiac faithful informed all by himself and was a huge contributor towards just about any Pontiac magazine / book out there.

Maybe some of you have some pics or stories about Paul or maybe when he was doing a feature for your car. Bring it!

BTW - dress is casual! Paul wouldn't want it any other way!

Thanks,

Chuck West

1 - 10 of 10 Posts