Bet he's wearing a Timex -- takes a licking and keeps on ticking:
-----starts at 60 seconds------

·
Registered
12,741 Posts

·
Long Live The King
96,333 Posts
I understand a Cop not wanting to shoot someone, but damn. That lady could have been dead 4x over by the time the Cop finally shot that POS.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,795 Posts
Old story, but one I think is worth repeating.

https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job-clGBbLYpnqqHxwMq/

"At the core of his desperate firefight was a murderous attacker who simply would not go down, even though he was shot 14 times with .45-cal. ammunition — six of those hits in supposedly fatal locations."

Take care. Tom Worthington
I like to bring this story up when someone starts talking about the "stopping power" of 45 auto. :p

·
Registered
31,366 Posts
1 head shot woulda fixed it....

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,795 Posts
13 rounds shoot through the windshield, not really a good assessment of the stopping power of a round.
Because stopping power is a myth.

I think you missed this part of the article....

At the core of his desperate firefight was a murderous attacker who simply would not go down, even though he was shot 14 times with .45-cal. ammunition — six of those hits in supposedly fatal locations.

·
Registered
17,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was kind of paying attention to what was behind the 'target' . Looked to me like project apt. buildings.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The only instant death is going to be central nervous system or maybe a direct hit to the heart. Otherwise hes going to have to bleed out. He was dead within a minute. He was a determined guy. Good for him. He got on the internet.

·
Registered
17,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Four-seconds there is like an eternity at least for the women he had already shot. Clearly when he smacked her with his gun - all hell let lose upon him. I'm thinking the big ape had so much lead shot in him, it looks like he collapsed from the weight of it!

The only instant death is going to be central nervous system or maybe a direct hit to the heart. Otherwise hes going to have to bleed out. He was dead within a minute. He was a determined guy. Good for him. He got on the internet.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I remember reading a story years ago about a man cranked out of his mind on LSD took a shot directly in the top of his head.... Went down, got back up and contined to fight until he bled out. No such thing as a "sure thing".

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Yep, no such thing as a sure thing even with a head shot. One of my friends was killed by his wife then she shot herself in the head. It didn’t kill her, she woke up about twenty minutes later and shot herself in the head again, still didn’t die.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
There are stories of WWII pilots that lived for quite awhile.. After being hit multiple times with 50 cal bullets..

·
T/S 368E
26,040 Posts

It's despicable that police are so scared now a days, they can't do what needs to be done!!!
I would have shot the guy way before he got near the lady!!!
He had a weapon, he didn't follow commands, he shot the lady after raping her!!!
Shoot 1st, shoot often, until the POS criminal is neutralized!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts