Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NHRA seems to be admitting they fucked the chicken with the "official fuel"
Im sure the people who wrote the big check arent happy, but they finally listened to at least a few racers.
too bad it had to cost people a lot of money, but this is def a positive move long term

NHRARacer.com - Accepted Products; Comp Eliminator Fuel Update

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like i said in the otehr thread before it went wayyyy off the rails, some Sunoco is not bad fuel. The SR18 is liquid dog shit. Im glad NHRA has finally al least helped out comp.
I know of several PS teams who actually had C25 in the tank to win races during the SR18 era.

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Like i said in the otehr thread before it went wayyyy off the rails, some Sunoco is not bad fuel. The SR18 is liquid dog shit. Im glad NHRA has finally al least helped out comp.
I know of several PS teams who actually had C25 in the tank to win races during the SR18 era.
You mean like when the shit ass SR18 wouldn't even pass fuel checks and NHRA's excuse was they didn't have the right guages for it...
Must need special shit for shit fuel....
LMAO

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
only a few years? took the Catholic church 450 years to apologise to Galileo, so they have a lot of catching up to do lol

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
I read something that Bob Book had posted about this this morning on FB. Seems it's either/or with the fuels now. Kind of sucks for the guys who have already bought their Sunoco fuel for the season.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I heard a very interesting story from someone who was a original investor in VP. They told me WJ payed VP to develop a fuel for him that would pass test at the time. VP was under contract with him to provide only him the fuel for several years when he was winning the championships. They knew something was up when overnight WJ had 2 mph on their program. After the contract was up president of VP called and told them of fuel and sent them some. Apologized but he needed capital. They could believe it when they got the new fuel on the Dyno. He told me they immediately pick up and were running right with him. Just interesting story about fuel.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I heard a very interesting story from someone who was a original investor in VP. They told me WJ payed VP to develop a fuel for him that would pass test at the time. VP was under contract with him to provide only him the fuel for several years when he was winning the championships. They knew something was up when overnight WJ had 2 mph on their program. After the contract was up president of VP called and told them of fuel and sent them some. Apologized but he needed capital. They could believe it when they got the new fuel on the Dyno. He told me they immediately pick up and were running right with him. Just interesting story about fuel.
this would have been C44

·
Registered
46 Posts
I couldn't remember the exact fuel, thanks. Also heard some very interesting stories about nitrous being used in prostock too

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh yea, didn't mean fun or right. Was also told of missing the last spot in the 200mph club to someone know to be running spray because they were a few spots behind them in the qualifying order. He still seemed to have a real issue with that all these years later and rightfully so

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I saw they were going to make the switch the year before the change I looked at the specs difference with C25, knew from that alone is was going to be an uphill battle. The inconsistencies made it worse...
What is crazy to me. My first drum of SR made identical power as C25, and ran down the track identical to C25. I will go to my grave thinking that they sent us c25 that first drum so we thought "oh well no biggie" Several people our first test in bradenton came over and asked me how come we were so fast with it, what it changed etc. they must have been on their second drum....lol My second drum was night and day off on power, and in the car. That had to be the real SR...lol.
people would buy drums at the track, take it to fuel check, and it would fail. right off the trailer...lol. Hell ive seen it pass before a run, and fail in tech after....
NHRA told us "we cant really tech it since we dont have a good standard" so what do you think happened?
Several races were won with C25 in the tank...lol

Im just glad it appears that maybe someone is listening? Or did VP write a check? Who knows.. C25 is a much better fuel IMO

1 - 20 of 27 Posts