Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about iiritating!!!!!!!!!! and a waste of fucking money. I used to race at e-town years ago. Well I moved to GA from NY bout 10 years ago and have been racing down here ever since. Well a friend of mine that lives in NY were I used to live invited me up to hang out and do some racing. I e-mailed e-town and asked them what their exhuast rule was on saturdays and any other rules I might need to know. I got the answer that mufflers are required and cant be above a certain decible "per their meter". I said ok no problem. I went and borrowed a decible meter and I was under the level they said.

So on to my 17 hour ride back to my old stomping grounds. Then the obnoxious amount of tolls and the three hour drive to e-town 2 days later. Then the "high gate fee" parking, unloading, and on to tech. Wait bout 10 mins.............. He looks at the car and says nice car and its quiet too... "scratching his head" looks the car over and gies me the thumbs up and then says ohhhhh wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you cant run bullet mufflers!!!!! I said well I can pass the meter reading if ya like.. He says I know its not to loud its just that you cant run those mufflers. "I had 4 at the time 2 inline on each side" I explain the e-mail and the fact of my long drive to get there. He says well im sorry.... no go..........................

I go to the tower and I get, well sorry rules are rules. So now im out gate fee, tolls, all the fuel to tow my car, and all the money I spent on tylenol to get rid of my stress headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like keeping racers happy...................

·
Registered
553 Posts
that was an issue with the cars that ran PINKS ALL OUT, because it was a SATURDAY , no BULLET mufflers !! many cars had to change em if they wanted to run. my brother was one !! SHADOW :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could see it if you were to loud, but if you were under the decible meter then who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus all the money I was out because of the lack of info e-mail...............

ps.. how the hell is a car to loud at a racetrack anyway... lolol.. try that in the south and see what happens. they would laugh you out of business.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Did that shit to me with me BBC in a BU. left a half day only 3 hours and wouldnt let me run. I had the bullets on the car also. Havnt been back to race in 10 years

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,610 Posts
Blame the lawyers and the neighbors surrounding the track. Wednesday night allows open exhaust from 6pm to 10pm, no sooner, no later! Sunday allows open exhaust from 10am to 7pm, again, no sooner, no later! If they get caught it's a big fine.

Friday night and Saturdays it is muffled, at least 1 chamber mufflers are required. Says so right on their website. No bullets. They can be quiet at lower rpm and when the engine is not under load, but once you do a burnout and go down the track they are simply too loud for most cars.

Listen, I go low 10's on motor, low 9's on the bottle through 2-chamber Flowmasters. I chose to leave them on the car all the time so I can start the car at anytime I chose to there and race on anyday I chose to there.

You can't blame the track, only the f'ing a'holes that take the owners to court every year and try to close the place. Sorry, that's the way it is. Shoot all the lawyers and maybe we can race anyday we chose to. I guess I should say I don't condone the shooting of lawyers, but for the most part they suck dyck!

·
Registered
600 Posts
E towns tech guys are a bunch of assclowns,if they have a noise ordinance thats fine,understood......But to not let you race was BS....Id have called the track MGR
and let them know you drove 17 hours and your car is quiet bottom line...
E TOWN wont be around for much longer,the town and its polititions want the place closed down for good....They hate the noise and drag racing in Old Bridge

·
Registered
432 Posts
I live in old bridg and hate those fucking politician asshole who are really just looking for more votes. Raceway park was there first and there was never a problem. Its really all of these new assholes buyiong their McMansions that were jsut built over there. When you move a mile form the racetrack dont fucking complain about noise. It pisses me off to no end. I live in old bridge 5 minutes form the track and i love it. I will be at every single meeting when these pricks try to shut the track down. I will be there fighting and doing all that i can to shut thm the fuck up. I hope they all got stuck in this economy and lose their homes. Maybe smarter home owners will move in. I highly doubt they cane ver shut raceway down but they are restricting them as much as possible and it is obviously hurting their business. The techs i will admit can be dicks at times and are pretty strict but shit, can you blame them with th assholes that live around us. They lt peopl slip then theyre fucked with a fine and the fact hat they dont follow the rules. All the more reason for the asshol neighbors to fight thm into the ground. Its really a fucking shame how shit works. If they ever succeed at shuting town down then all the street racers should find a nice straight road in front of their homes and race there.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,610 Posts
I think they should get some more of those radial-engine planes at the airport next to the track. When the one that is over there fires-up it is almost as loud as a Top Fueler and there is NOTHING they can do about it!

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Shakedown at e-town is saturday and sunday!

its a 2 day event!

We (dave hance) purchesed a noise day for saturday. Which means, Run what you brung and hope its enough!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same thing happened to me 2yrs ago i only had 6 hour but have not been back since drove my car on the street with bullets on the collectors and never had a problem,pulled a all all niter to go race only for the race track to tell me my car was to loud

·
Registered
22 Posts
exact same problem i had with my s10 in begining of the year,i was at a wed. nite test session and the guy inspecting looks at truck and says beautiful truck,i ask him if i have the mufflers on it and exhaust it is ok to run friday nite, he says yes,but then tells me to start the motor, he says its pretty quiet,then looks underneath and sees the bullets and the exhaust and says no way on friday its state law!!!no bullets!! i was figuring they all have stock in flowmaster

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I actually asked the one tech guy about the rule and why is it a big deal if the car meets the noise level. He told me a bullet muffler is considered a resinator and it's illegal in NJ. sinse RP requires a muffler on the car, they can't allow a bullet ( resinator ) to run.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts