Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found my brother after he decided to eat a bullet a few years ago, almost a month to the day later, my daughter was born. 7 months after that, my daughter died. (conclusion of back story)
i have never really "dealt with that" according to most people. i seem to have a really good ability to put shit in the back of my head and not think about it.
the problem i'm having is now, 4 years later, i can't help but think about this shit. certain movies, certain situations, and especially certain songs just seem to bring on the damn waterworks.
i guess the main thing here is, if you knew someone who had been through the same shit, would you think any less of them. i've always been a "hardass asshole" to most of my friends, but i'm seriously starting to question my own "manliness" at my own reactions to this shit
is this normal? or am i just turning into a little bitchboy?

·
كافر
9,930 Posts
You have the right to feel down, i have no idea what that all feels like, but just reading it kind of gets to me, Keep your head up. no stray thoughts..

you're not a bitch.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If that kind of stuff didn't affect you then I'd question what kind of man you are. I can't imagine losing one of my kids, parents should never have to experience that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Truthfully, after loosing my father to a tragic auto accident less than a mile from the exit to the racetrack back in 1997 I find myself having the same issues. Even happy movies where there is a strong father figure will have me tearing up. Can't help but think about the fact that I was supposed to be with him that weekend at the races and the fact that his buddy did not ride with him that morning. Keep your head up. Your not a bitch by any means. Anyone that would judge you is!!!!

And yes, I have been known to be worse of an ass after the fact. I personally feel that those that have lost someone close to them are not moved by as much BS as before the loss.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Emotions....We all have them, It's hard to hide or mask one's true feelings.......Sooner or later we all let it out somewhere along the line, hang in there buddy you know who you can lean on in times like this......USE THEM

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Man! You've had a long row-to-hoe!

Sorry about the losses you've suffered.

Are you a little bitch? Not in my book!

Your only human, sadness over the lost of loved ones is just a part of being that.

Wish you all the best,,,TLW

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STANLEY, the great thing about this place is that only my dad might recognize the screenname. for a virtual unknown (such as myself), it's just a great place to vent a get a rather honest opinion about the situation. i just needed to get the shit out there as i'm just having a bad night with the shit. i realize there are alot of other people, dealing with a whole lot of worse shit than me, but i just figured i'd get a bunch of "keyboard badasses" thoughts on the subject (not insult anyone, but i do realize this is a TOUGH crowd).....

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,800 Posts
Emotions are what make us human. Mourn your losses. Talk to your friends about it and let the tears fly if you need to. It does not make you a bitch. It takes a real man to cry in public.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,276 Posts
I'M SORRY YOU LOST A CHILD....I THINK IF YOU HAVEN'T DEALT WITH IT....THEN YOU NEED TO START....BEFORE YOU MELT DOWN....GOOD LUCK TO YOU

·
Mike
7,396 Posts
I must be a bitch boy also. I cry at the stupidest things, I think it just lets stuff out. I'm wondering if it's related to PTSD kind of. I haven't had to deal with your kind of situation, and I'm sorry for your loss. I have been a paramedic for 33 years now. I think your very normal.

·
كافر
9,930 Posts
I must be a bitch boy also. I cry at the stupidest things, I think it just lets stuff out. I'm wondering if it's related to PTSD kind of. I haven't had to deal with your kind of situation, and I'm sorry for your loss. I have been a paramedic for 33 years now. I think your very normal.
I cried at the end of Marley and Me

:p I don't envy your work, my brother does the same

·
Mike
7,396 Posts
I cried at the end of Marley and Me

:p I don't envy your work, my brother does the same
Thanks, I refused to go to that movie because I knew the ending. LOL

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,276 Posts
MAY SOUND ODD...BUT IF YOUR OVER 35...I WOULD ALMOST WONDER IF TESTOSTERONE LEVELS AND ESTROGEN LEVELS WOULD PLAY A MAJOR ROLL

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Oh man I am sorry to hear this-I did lose a brother to a gun shot as well and it took along time but,its still hard at times.I hope things get better for you--you are a real man -even the toughest has feelings.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
MAY SOUND ODD...BUT IF YOUR OVER 35...I WOULD ALMOST WONDER IF TESTOSTERONE LEVELS AND ESTROGEN LEVELS WOULD PLAY A MAJOR ROLL
If you have estrogen Kevin, that explains alot,,,TLW

·
Registered
593 Posts
people cope very differently with things. some it's an immediate response and for others it can be several years down the road. If it's something that is affecting your ability to do your job, or function every day, you should consider professional help.

I lost a cousin who was very close (very much like a brother) just over 2 years ago. I will remember getting that phone call and the sound of my sister's voice on the other end of the call for the rest of my life. It's something that is on my mind every day. Some songs will really get to me, and I still can't watch a car crash from a TV show or movie without getting watery eyed.

It's time to let it out before you melt down. These things will never go away, but you have to learn how to live with them and cope with them. Wish you the best and feel sorry for your loss.

·
Cereal Killer
2,249 Posts
Emotions are what make us human. Mourn your losses. Talk to your friends about it and let the tears fly if you need to. It does not make you a bitch. It takes a real man to cry in public.
^^This.
Emotions always win out. I've always been the same with with not dealing, and suppressing. It helped me get through a lot of things when I was younger, and also helped me doing things I felt I needed to do. But no one can lock them away forever. I thought I was loosing it when all of a sudden I started being the same way. Stupid ass sad commercials would get to me. At least you know what is triggering these emotions, that's a big part. Just let them come out.

You can't say you're being a bitch. It even happens to DeNiro...lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLB4xkr8tso&feature=related

1 - 20 of 47 Posts