Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....but doesn't it seem like it's spreading? i mean, i have no issue with 1/8th mile where it is traditionally run and considered the norm, but it seems like more & more northern tracks have added some half-track races and even series to their schedule, and it seems to be getting....out of hand...? i just watched an entire weekend of 1/8th mile bracket racing last weekend at a 1/4 mile track, & it was a yawn from hell. i love adrl, so it's not that i hate the 660 racing....i dunno...my opinion, 1/8th mile should be for brutal, violently fast cars, and everything else should be done on a 1/4 mile. but then again, superfast cars are just as much fun if not moreso on a 1320....fuck it, i'm confusing myself now! rant over....:p

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
I run both but i prefer 1/4 mile, just seems that some of the more exciting classes are strictly 1/8. I agree about the 1/4 tracks running 1/8, if they are going to do that they need to relocate the turn-offs as well because it seems to take forever for the cars to clear the track :)

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run both but i prefer 1/4 mile, just seems that some of the more exciting classes are strictly 1/8. I agree about the 1/4 tracks running 1/8, if they are going to do that they need to relocate the turn-offs as well because it seems to take forever for the cars to clear the track :)
i couldn't help but think while i was watching this,"are they doing this so the slow guys will feel like they're doin' something?" lol

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Have run both. Like the 1320 best. Not only is it tradition but its real drag racing to me. I like the first 60 ft. and the last 200 hundred foot when the bitch is layin ya back in the seat. The 660 thing makes you learn to be quicker on what decisions to make.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Watching bracket racing at any length track is a fucking yawn fest. It's not really much fun to watch period. If you were at SGMP for The night the lights went out in Georgia you would understand. 1/4 mile is still awesome...why can't you do both

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've done 1/8th mile racing since i was 8 haha... we have had one 1/8th mile race at 66 only cus it was windy

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Watching bracket racing at any length track is a fucking yawn fest. It's not really much fun to watch period. If you were at SGMP for The night the lights went out in Georgia you would understand. 1/4 mile is still awesome...why can't you do both
maybe that was the problem. i realize alot, if not most, people who wanna race don't have shit tons of cash to pour into it, so bracket racing is their only alternative. just seemed like watching a bunch of tubbed 11 second bondo buggy camaros & vegas crawling halfway down the track & then shutting down....i dunno, musta made a bad thing worse, at least for me.

·
Registered
457 Posts
By the way I wasn't bashing bracket racing per say...just don't care to watch it, like to run it but hate watching it!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Im a 1/4 mile guy at heart.. but with some the combos and power levels these cars have acheived is outstanding....bar non

I love both 1/4 and 1/8 Reason why we wana bring the 1/8th mile to the midwest is its a tuners race and puts most on a level playn feild... we seen that when the Mayor put that race on IN GA.....
Not to mention Outlaw is slimmer on the rules. less bitchn ....:)

Were here to have fun... cuz we love the sport ....

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im a 1/4 mile guy at heart.. but with some the combos and power levels these cars have acheived is outstanding....bar non

I love both 1/4 and 1/8 Reason why we wana bring the 1/8th mile to the midwest is its a tuners race and puts most on a level playn feild... we seen that when the Mayor put that race on IN GA.....
Not to mention Outlaw is slimmer on the rules. less bitchn ....:)

Were here to have fun... cuz we love the sport ....
and i will be watching scotty....:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
i always like 1320 , 660' kinda like a basketball or football game only playin 2 quarters then it's over .. i wanna know what woulda happened if they woulda went the rest of the way

·
Keepn my pimp hand strong
6,768 Posts
i always like 1320 , 660' kinda like a basketball or football game only playin 2 quarters then it's over .. i wanna know what woulda happened if they woulda went the rest of the way
Why not make it a mile and see what would happen in overtime?Soccer:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts