Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
48,491 Posts
I was at Jim’s shop and have pictures of him loading the former code blue car. I know my oddy’s cars!
Not saying you don't but this is no SBC............

·
Super Moderator
48,491 Posts
When he switched engines when the dog was gray color Denny has his motor. I might have to take trip to wales hollow and see denny
Mind as well keep going and hit Jimmy and Al too. :)

·
Super Moderator
44,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Made an offer on the late Johnny Williams' championship winning 442 last weekend. Bought a bunch of his equipment from his daughter, and put offers on a few things,including the car.

·
Aviation Section
24,279 Posts
Made an offer on the late Johnny Williams' championship winning 442 last weekend. Bought a bunch of his equipment from his daughter, and put offers on a few things,including the car.

Nice looking 72' 44Deuce Frankster, I hope you get it! Dave

·
Super Moderator
44,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Nice looking 72' 44Deuce Frankster, I hope you get it! Dave
Nope,...18k wouldn't buy it. She sold (or gave) the enclosed trailer to a nephew or something like that, and his GMC dually went bye bye too,...I asked her to call me when she was ready to sell either one,....both are gone now.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
For Sale:Vintage front engine dragster. 1959 Lyndwood "Eliminator II" built by Pat Bilbow in Wilkes-barre pa. was found in 1989 restored and run as a C/D - injected sbc in nostalgia exhibition till '95. Chassis was ID'd in 1999 as the first Solomon & Rorres A/D out of havertown. Blown engine was added in 2006 to recreate the look of the original. Has not been run and is currently on display at the America on Wheels Museum in Allentown pa. Will need some TLC to whip it back into shape, not NHRA certified-this is a surviving piece of racing history. 98"w.b. dragster, fully restored A/D (circa 1964) SBC, GMC 671 blower,2" -1/2 pitch drive,Hilborn injected (gas),2 speed manual trans,57 chevy rear,olds axles,american mag's,rader 8.20 x 15 slicks. $15K or interesting trade? serious inquiries only ,not tire kickers or dreamers, if you want to dream go stare at it in the museum this weekend. PM me if you need more pics or info. thanks, Paul 21273359_426512347742818_4524664520753100644_o.jpg etownrail.jpg 003.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
48,491 Posts
You're selling your digger? :eek: :(

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Didn't realize we had an actual section for this.
SFI 2.4c spec, 137" wb, ford 9" rear, spool w/ 3.55, strange spindles on s&w torsion bar.

Mainly a roller now but I still have the trans/converter (shorty glide, cameron's converter), long block (358"), and blower.

$6,000 as a roller. Negotiable with the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

wow, nice set up, whats the ID on the cage shoulder bar , what size driver is it set up for? whats the best you've run with that set up?

Didn't realize we had an actual section for this.
SFI 2.4c spec, 137" wb, ford 9" rear, spool w/ 3.55, strange spindles on s&w torsion bar.

Mainly a roller now but I still have the trans/converter (shorty glide, cameron's converter), long block (358"), and blower.

$6,000 as a roller. Negotiable with the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
20.25" between shoulder bars. I am 5'8", 150lbs.

Nothing.

First pass it wheelied, came down, broke torsion bar.
2nd time to the track it blew up the used powerglide I got off racingjunk (replaced with new internals by Sid Neal, kept case).
3rd time it started hitting the wheelie bar so hard it would unload the slicks. Went a 6.80 @ 105mph in the 1/8 leaving at half track in high.
4th time had blowby so badly it would pop out the RTV under the intake (evidently had gotten lazy and alcohol had setup in the cylinders).

Took the motor apart, noticed 2 of the cylinders were shot, bought a block over the off-season from a friend of a friend who had sleeved the #8 cylinder and said it was still good.

5th time to the track the motor let go when the #8 piston locked up in the sleeve (it cracked) and ripped the rod in half.

Parked it for two years as I was starting my own shop and at this point I didn't care about the dragster at all since I had spent 100x more time working on it than it ever ran.

Finally had block #1 bored out .040" over, bought another rod and a set of pistons and took it to Atlanta Dragway only to be told that while I had parked it and it was sitting in my garage, my belts and blower restraints went bad.

Said F it and that's where we sit.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
20.25" between shoulder bars. I am 5'8", 150lbs.

Nothing.

First pass it wheelied, came down, broke torsion bar.
2nd time to the track it blew up the used powerglide I got off racingjunk (replaced with new internals by Sid Neal, kept case).
3rd time it started hitting the wheelie bar so hard it would unload the slicks. Went a 6.80 @ 105mph in the 1/8 leaving at half track in high.
4th time had blowby so badly it would pop out the RTV under the intake (evidently had gotten lazy and alcohol had setup in the cylinders).

Took the motor apart, noticed 2 of the cylinders were shot, bought a block over the off-season from a friend of a friend who had sleeved the #8 cylinder and said it was still good.

5th time to the track the motor let go when the #8 piston locked up in the sleeve (it cracked) and ripped the rod in half.

Parked it for two years as I was starting my own shop and at this point I didn't care about the dragster at all since I had spent 100x more time working on it than it ever ran.

Finally had block #1 bored out .040" over, bought another rod and a set of pistons and took it to Atlanta Dragway only to be told that while I had parked it and it was sitting in my garage, my belts and blower restraints went bad.

Said F it and that's where we sit.

Wow, thats a string of bad luck there. Its a nice looking rail,a lot of newer chassis dont capture that vintage look, yours has it. Who built the chassis, is it a CM or mild steel chassis?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Wow, thats a string of bad luck there. Its a nice looking rail,a lot of newer chassis dont capture that vintage look, yours has it. Who built the chassis, is it a CM or mild steel chassis?

Chromoly.

Everything save the top hoops are Benteler, bent by myself on a Hossfeld. The tube fitting/welding was done by a friend of mine who owns a metal fabrication shop and worked in indycar and in sprint cars for years. Top hoops were bent by Neil & Parks.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Chromoly.

Everything save the top hoops are Benteler, bent by myself on a Hossfeld. The tube fitting/welding was done by a friend of mine who owns a metal fabrication shop and worked in indycar and in sprint cars for years. Top hoops were bent by Neil & Parks.
hey I sent you a message TJ, check it and get back to me.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Any news of the car?
I remember the Cajun Niggtmare at many an etown national event and points meets.
Didn’t it go serious rounds at last national or win somewhere?
I have a few pics of that great looking car.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts