Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior with common sense
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to start a thread for people who may have an obscure old event T-shirt or racing Jacket. Or event poster.. Helmet.. even a part or what ever.. if it comes with a story..
then even better. Post your Pictures and tell us what it is.

·
Registered
981 Posts
i would like to start a thread for people who may have an obscure old event T-shirt or racing Jacket. Or event poster.. Helmet.. even a part or what ever.. if it comes with a story..
then even better. Post your Pictures and tell us what it is.
I don’t have a picture of it but my father raced midgets in the late 50 or early sixties. I found an old sweatshirt with a picture if a midget airbrushed on the back and the name fink racing team on it. I’m not sure if he raced for them, but I do know when he did race, he did it under a fake name so my grand parents would not see it in the news paper, which was pretty common in the NJ papers at the time. Those were the days open wheel racing was king in the NE. I learned a lot about his racing and racing around the area from an older gentleman named Bill Nash Sr. He actually helped Chris Economaki and I believe Dave Despain with a special about it. There is a little section in the Paterson Museum set aside with racing info. They used to race in a place called Hinchcliff Stadium.

·
Senior with common sense
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/IMG]

my father was good friends with Steve

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Have a few IHRA Empire State Nationals shirts from 90s.

And a Chattanooga Speedway t shirt from 90s.

Just remembered a Long Island Dragway shirt from 1991.

·
Registered
17,214 Posts
Somewhere, I have the very Last edition of the AHRA (American Hot Rod Association) race event paper (was AHRA's version of National Dragster.)

·
Registered
939 Posts
stored away,

inaugural program from Ontario motor speed way. (1970)
and never worn OMS white jacket, (lined windbreaker )

plus a napa jackets , from OMS ,

probably more, but haven't opened the boxes in 40+ yrs

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
There is more stuff around here than you could imagine - or - that anyone has time to deal with so far / yet...

This is a really bad pic of a project I did for my dad years ago.. A shadow box display of some of his championship jackets... Detroit , Detroit, National Trails, and for the really old people Vettesville... ( aka Ft. Miami timing assn. / Toledo executive air / Metcalf / or the old airport... )

20170204_124843.jpg by j t, on Flickr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts