Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone has used this system and may be able to help. I installed the system per the manual and when I powered it up, the LCD screen read "Master not responding". I called the Tech line but they are closed. I'm trying to make it to the Tomato's but I keep coming up against these obstacles. By the way, this unit is brand new. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I just figured that out. Now I'm setting the parameters I want. I am going to trigger this off of "Input 1", so for the parameter where it asks RPM trigger, what do I enter? Or does it know that I am not going to use it this way?
Also you said to enter the number and save it. Does this mean I have to have the SD card in the LCD screen?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the same system and at first my LCD module couldn't see the "Master" and kept showing "Master Not Responding" until I plugged in the short two wire orange jumper. I had the long orange wire from the LCD controller plugged directly into the Master and it wouldnt work until I plugeed the jumper in between the two, which is what the instructions say to do. I'm not sure why this makes a difference, but after I plugged it in, my system worked.
Also, make sure that you set the MAP deactivation setting to "20" otherwise the map will deactivate the system when it senses atmospheric pressure.
The RPM trigger is the window switch feature which can be turned off by setting the low end to 0 RPM if you only want to trigger the nitrous by input 1.(This is also how I set it to test solenoid activation, by hitting the microswitch). I have my system set to activate on input 1, which is configured as "ground switch" for the ground WOT microswitch on my carb but I also have the window switch set at 5500RPM, so that when I have the car on the line at WOT on the transbrake limiter at 5200RPM the nitrous doesn't come on until I release the T/B and the motor reaches 5500RPM.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I have one more question though, I noticed when I dry tested the system, the nitrous solenoid went thru the full 1.5 seconds and the fuel solenoid only cycled approx. half the time??? Is this the correct operation?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I have one more question though, I noticed when I dry tested the system, the nitrous solenoid went thru the full 1.5 seconds and the fuel solenoid only cycled approx. half the time??? Is this the correct operation?

its because your fuel solenoid doesn't close fast enough when getting close to 100%. Mind you it may react differently when there is fuel pressure behind it, you should bench test it before if you like to know all the facts about the characteristics of your nitrous and fuel solenoids, It maybe alot of work, but I lost a round of elimations and was sent home for a 12 hour drive scratching my head. Later to find that my nitrous noid pulses below 18% dry, but under 950psi it would not open. also if you do bench test, voltage plays a big part.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's the same experience I had last night after buying some new Edelbrock Solenoids because of this!! I thought it was my Zex solenoids causing the problem, but after testing it with a test light, I can see that the Fuel solenoid is being pulsed. I think that at a higher cycle rate, the plunger may not be completely seating either, whilst the Nitrous solenoid with a much stiffer spring will slam into the seat and make a loud clacking noise.
But, its right that testing it dry is not a real indicator of how the noids will behave will pressure behind the plunger.
I'm hoping that these things progressive controller things work properly, otherwise it will obviously affect the AFR on the ramp. I've just bought the add-on O2 Sensor Controller for mine as well so that I can monitor the AFR, so it will be interesting to watch the mixture to see if its richer on the ramp.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
That's the same experience I had last night after buying some new Edelbrock Solenoids because of this!! I thought it was my Zex solenoids causing the problem, but after testing it with a test light, I can see that the Fuel solenoid is being pulsed. I think that at a higher cycle rate, the plunger may not be completely seating either, whilst the Nitrous solenoid with a much stiffer spring will slam into the seat and make a loud clacking noise.
But, its right that testing it dry is not a real indicator of how the noids will behave will pressure behind the plunger.
I'm hoping that these things progressive controller things work properly, otherwise it will obviously affect the AFR on the ramp. I've just bought the add-on O2 Sensor Controller for mine as well so that I can monitor the AFR, so it will be interesting to watch the mixture to see if its richer on the ramp.
can you hook up air to the soleniod to test it????????

·
Registered
2,410 Posts

I have the NOS launcher aswell, with the O2 sensors, you learn alot from them, I have different noids, and they all act differently while being pulsed (A/F readings) I figured out a few cool tricks about the launcher to control the A/F as your going down the track, anyone that has a launcher feel free to pm me about the little tricks I have learned, sorry i'm in a heads up class, I don't want my competiters to know all my secrets. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the NOS launcher aswell, with the O2 sensors, you learn alot from them, I have different noids, and they all act differently while being pulsed (A/F readings) I figured out a few cool tricks about the launcher to control the A/F as your going down the track, anyone that has a launcher feel free to pm me about the little tricks I have learned, sorry i'm in a heads up class, I don't want my competiters to know all my secrets. :)
Thanks man, I will do that. What O2 sensor are you using, by the way? I have the Launcher O2 controller but the plug looks nothing like the Bosch O2 sensors that the Innovate uses. The NTK one is best for race gas, but the only one I found using the NOS supplied part # lists for well over $300!!! WTF? That's more than the controller!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Thanks man, I will do that. What O2 sensor are you using, by the way? I have the Launcher O2 controller but the plug looks nothing like the Bosch O2 sensors that the Innovate uses. The NTK one is best for race gas, but the only one I found using the NOS supplied part # lists for well over $300!!! WTF? That's more than the controller!

yeah its way over priced, I just went with the nos bosch O2 its like $150 and I have used it for 3 seasons with out a problem.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah its way over priced, I just went with the nos bosch O2 its like $150 and I have used it for 3 seasons with out a problem.
That's good to hear. So NOS has a Bosch sensor that plugs right in to its controller? I have some spare 02 sensors for my Innovate, but the plug is completely different. My add on 02 controller didn't come with any instructions either, which sucks big time!!:smt013 It's bad enough dealing with the new style "Bible print" instruction booklets from NOS, but having none is worse!RealCute:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
That's good to hear. So NOS has a Bosch sensor that plugs right in to its controller? I have some spare 02 sensors for my Innovate, but the plug is completely different. My add on 02 controller didn't come with any instructions either, which sucks big time!!:smt013 It's bad enough dealing with the new style "Bible print" instruction booklets from NOS, but having none is worse!RealCute:
Yes NOS has a bosch O2 it's a Holley WBO2 Sensor p/n 534-198 Bosch

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks again ernie. I will order the Bosch. $150 is quite a bit more than the one from Innovate >$80 from Summit etc., but if it plugs right in then thats what I need to get.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts