Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm currently using only my fogger kit on a 36 jet. My question is, I see a lot of nitrous guys 'lighting the candles' yet my car doesn't...am I doing anything wrong? I have a 572 BBF, 12.5:1 compression, 1250 dominator, A460 heads (the big ones 360cc runners), Oliver rods, Callie's crank, diamond pistons, running C-23 fuel. The plugs look great when I cut them apart, a tad light on timing but it's a safe tune up. Fuel ring also looks good. Using Auto light AR3933's grid ignition, hvc2 coil

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
No ; no two motors are the same ; cam,heads ....if the plugs look good go with it,our Vega didn’t until we got above 400

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A 3933 is a hot plug for a .036 jet as well.
Thank you for the reply! Do you think I should drop to a 3932? This engine liked 3934's while I was ringing it out on engine alone, and it kept wanting more and more timing. I stopped at 38° and brought it back to 30° and am pulling timing from there. On the fogger I'm running 36N 32F as per the jet chart and the plugs appear to look good, however I know everyone's interpretation of them will be different. The fuel ring is a tad rich but not dangerously so. Any information is greatly appreciated!

·
I kill parts
10,727 Posts
36/32 sounds like a generic tune sheet, I know we run quite a bit wider jet spread than that for ours to be clean.

I don't know Fords, but I'd venture to guess the additional fuel is covering up some of the plug heat and you've simply got the timing low enough it hasn't gotten unhappy yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
36/32 sounds like a generic tune sheet, I know we run quite a bit wider jet spread than that for ours to be clean.

I don't know Fords, but I'd venture to guess the additional fuel is covering up some of the plug heat and you've simply got the timing low enough it hasn't gotten unhappy yet.
Yes it is a generic tune straight from NOS. By looking at the fuel rings and looking at other pics I think it's a bit rich. I'm going to order some jets and step it back starting at 36N 30F and read plugs again. I will put 3932's in to be safe. I'm trying hard not to hurt any pistons so I'm a tad light on timing. If pistons weren't 6 weeks out everywhere I wouldn't be so concerned.

If you don't mind would you be willing to share your spread at a similar jetting?

·
I kill parts
10,727 Posts
Ours at a 36 nitrous jet was a 28 fuel, 5.5-6 psi flowing pending air conditions.

I definitely understand and agree with keeping timing in check while finding what it wants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts