Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my own bottle fill set up and it has worked well for the past year. I am filling a couple bottles today and I feel a leak around my hand by the quarter turn valve and gauge. I get some snoop and spray it around to find most of the threaded fittings are leaking. I used ARP thread sealer when I assembled them. Does the NOS attack thread sealer? Do I need a special thread sealer? My buddy told me to use red loctite since I won't be taking anything apart. Thoughts????

·
Registered
880 Posts
Avoid teflon tape. If you're not careful, it ends up somewhere it shouldn't be.

NX supplies red loctite to seal their fittings. That's what I've always used.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew I wasn't going to use any tape. That stuff should be banned from any automotive uses in my opinion.....LOL. I am thinking the ARP sealer has teflon in it and it leaks after time. I'll check tomorrow and be sure if it does or not. I'm leaning towards the red loctite.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
I've used Leak Loc, liquid teflon, blue loctite, green loctite, and red loctite. Out of the five--if the fitting wasn't as tight as Dicks hat band--eventually I had trouble with all except the red loctite.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
We found that Leak Loc worked the best for us...when we used to use nitrous that is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts