Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to put a nos sniper kit on my car(got it cheap)all i need is a little help to run a index class (7.0). my ? is i'm going to run a single pump for know(no money) do i use the same regulator fot the carb and nos or do i need to t off the line and add a new regulator for the nos.i'm also going to put a saftey fuel switch on it to.i will more than lickly only be spraying 100hp or less in high gear. thanks

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what fuel pressure should i start with. i'm going to spray a 100hp first to see how much that helps. i need 3 or 4 tenths in the 1/8 mile and i normally run 36 on the timming. would pulling 4 out be enough running 32 total

·
Registered
775 Posts
IF you t off and put another reg. for nitrous its gonna come out like a big turd cuz the regulator on the NOS side wont be able to bleed off preasure and maintain your set pressure. So if the pump runs 14 psi and the kit comes on its gonna get 14 psi till it bleeds down to what your had it set at.

Let it idle for a few minutes and then take a look at the fuel pressure on the nitrous system and you;ll see what I mean.

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
I really haven't looked at the Sniper tune ups to know what they are recommending to start with. If you start with there 100 HP setting, you have a wide window with a tune up this small...

As for your fuel pressure, don't sweat the regulator dead heading... as soon as you open the fuel solenoid, it will go to the set pressure if you use the Holley 12-803 regulator.... SJ

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks steve i was reading the papers that came with it and thank it says to start at 5 lbs but its not really clear on the setting for fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts