Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a bbc 605 big chief motor with is fogger set to 325 with elebrock controller we have checked and doubble checked the wiring if the truck is not running it works perfect push the wot switch it cycles through the controller purges bangs the whole deal go to make a pass air purge great motor purge great but then nos activates then nothing so we said wtf so we took all the delay out and 100 from the start nothing go back to pits check wot switch every thing is good try another pass while pushing bang on pass nos works we run 2 12 volt batteries but i think it is a voltage problem any ideas?thanks new arming switch new controller new is fogger wtf sorry for the ranting.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
So if you are purging it through the motor.....exactly how do you have it wired?

If it's wired like Edelbrocks instructions....you can't bang it through the motor.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Most likely the bang bypasses the wot. If it works on the bang going down the track, it's a wot mounting problem. I did this and swore it wasn't the problem, until I put a wobble switch on the pedal and never had the problem again.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ck your grounds on the solenoids. And how you have the engine grounded to chassis.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
When you check WOT switch in the pits have a guy use the gas pedal from inside.I had a problem like this.When we tested in the pits we did throttle from the carbs.If we used the gas pedal we were missing a hair to activate the switch.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bang button is wiried to supply a ground circuit to the soliniods when switch is open the controller works the ground.i have tryed checking the wot by depressing the pedal and it works.i will try putting it under the pedal is it possible the vacum on the butterfly flaps is pulling the throttle back just enough to deactive the nos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts