Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run NOS on a stock LS7 engine? If so how much? What kit? And did you have any problems? I heard these motors dont like the spray, and you can destory the engines by doing so.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have run as much as 300 through the stock LS7 shortblock. I have not had an issue yet. The main concern that most people have is the sleeve thickness (some also get concerned about the rods / pistons). Keep the tune dead on and I doubt you would ever have a problem.

I have one customer that goes through 2 bottles a day in the summer time.

I would have concerns over valve seat eccentricity though.

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
Very interesting! We threw a kit on a C6Z this past fall and was scared to death to put much spray through it due to all of the rumor's on the interwebz... But just like I figured they must be quite a bit stronger than alot of people give them credit!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Has anyone run NOS on a stock LS7 engine? If so how much? What kit? And did you have any problems? I heard these motors dont like the spray, and you can destory the engines by doing so.
doesnt your truck leave hard enough already lol, cant wait to see it back out this year

·
Registered
858 Posts
Do people still call nitrous oxide NOS? As in, "I need two of them... the big ones"...
Or are you asking if the company Nitrous Oxide Systems makes a nitrous kit for the LS7?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Do people still call nitrous oxide NOS? As in, "I need two of them... the big ones"...
Or are you asking if the company Nitrous Oxide Systems makes a nitrous kit for the LS7?
its just an abbreviation man, and believe me, this guy has been around for a while with some really fast shit and knows alot...just new to the LS world like some of us

·
Registered
136 Posts

Does that little truck in your avatar have a ls7 in it? :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts