Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Launcher installed but software is crashing. Crashes immediately on trying to leave general settings tab for any other tab. Will do same whether connected to launcher or not. System is Dell D-610 running XP Pro SP3 with all current updates installed. Launcher software version is 1.4.0. There were no errors on software or driver install. Have searched for updated software version but found none. Firmware is newer than latest version on site.

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Have you tried installing the software directly from Holley-Nos website?
I remember on mine the disc wouldn't work, but when uninstalled it and used there download it worked fine..

Just an idea...

Dee

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, how did I miss that? I'll try it as soon as I get home. Assume I should uninstall the original software first?

Thanks much guys!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I hope it works for you it didn't for me.Three nights and two different computers it still does not work.Was in contact with Travis at holley and my last e-mail from him three weeks ago stated he was talking to his engineers and now it is back in the box. Haven't heard from him since that e-mail.Talk about customer service well it sucks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't hooked it up to the car yet but just on the laptop it did work (didn't before). I'm thinking I'm good.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I hope it works for you it didn't for me.Three nights and two different computers it still does not work.Was in contact with Travis at holley and my last e-mail from him three weeks ago stated he was talking to his engineers and now it is back in the box. Haven't heard from him since that e-mail.Talk about customer service well it sucks.
What is your ID number on your launcher, software version, and operating system. And what "doesn't work"?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The number is 1222 at first I was having the same problem he was having when you would try to switch to another screen it would give an error code and shut down the program,installed the one off the website and then it would not recognize the usb port.Have over six hours jacking with this thing. Tried removing all hardware several times and it still wouldn't work.The software is the 1.4 version and I tried on two different laptops one with windows 7 and the other with xp .Not sure I want to put it back on the car and go through all of that again.It would have been nice to get some kind of feedback from Holley.I don't feel I should have to call them or e-mail them again.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The problem is with USB driver compatability. If you go to the Holley tech section and download the latest software will fix it........or call the tech line and they will email you the correct software

Monte
I don't understand how it could be a USB driver compatibility problem when the computer I use for the car doesn't see any time on the internet. Apparently there is a software issue because mine had the problem before I even hooked it to the box.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is still broken too; in a new way. Now I can move off the first screen (General Settings) but I can no longer upload to the controller or download from it. I could do this before the new software. It gives a timeout error within about 5 seconds (abort, retry, etc). Tried with key on and off, rebooted PC, same result.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Mine is still broken too; in a new way. Now I can move off the first screen (General Settings) but I can no longer upload to the controller or download from it. I could do this before the new software. It gives a timeout error within about 5 seconds (abort, retry, etc). Tried with key on and off, rebooted PC, same result.
That is exactly the same thing mine did also,on two different computers.Don't bother trying to erase all the programs and starting over it will not work.Tried numerous times,I promise you over three nights I had at least six hours in this thing.As stated earlier the computer I use on my car does not see internet time only to download the program off of holleys site.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if anyone is successfully using 1.4. I notice both our serial numbers are very low.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right. Mine is 1216, yours is 1222. I wonder how many are out there and is any work? Presumably there are 1199 of them on the old software.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a massive problem for me. I have a big race on Nov 12 and still need to get tuned before that. If I don't get this working before Friday I'm screwed :(

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Look guys, this is not a problem with our software. We sell tons of these things and the discs are just copies, so just a couple out of hundreds are not bad. It is a USB driver compatability issue. Doug F, who replied in this thread, is the lead engineer at Holley and is working on this issue, trying to make the software work, with all the crap USB drivers out there. If you PM Doug, I guarantee he will help you with the issue. I know he fixed a a couple at the ORTC race, that were doing exactly as you two describe and it took him about 5 minutes.

Monte

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd like to give a big shout out to Doug. He worked with me all evening and despite my screwing up, fixed my problem. Thanks also to Monte for getting Doug involved. You rock guys!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts