Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't make up my mind as to where to start from. Do I use 63n 71f at 5.5lb or square the plate at 71 and start at 6.5lb. I'm using a cheater plate as the 1st stage to get things going,11.5 comp 306, c16, 32deg total. I don't want to be the next bloke posting pictures of pinched ring lands ;) Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
i have a plate on my car, but it is a bigshot plate, im at 67n 71f im at 5.2lb on the fuel with a .073 in the flow tool, im upping the nitrous jet 1-2 at a time, but i know im going to end up squared eventually, prob 73 73 soon

·
Registered
82 Posts
So you guys are saying the jet map that NOS suggests is pig rich?
Do they just suggest this so people will have a safe tune up?
I wonder if I should change my jets. They are 85f 78n. The book says this is close to 175 shot. What do you guys suggest for 175 shot on an Edelbrock RPM plate kit?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
i have a plate on my car, but it is a bigshot plate, im at 67n 71f im at 5.2lb on the fuel with a .073 in the flow tool, im upping the nitrous jet 1-2 at a time, but i know im going to end up squared eventually, prob 73 73 soon
that is what you are using in the dart ? damn i thought you were really hitting that thing , you could have won 8.50 last year , step it up ....lol

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
that is what you are using in the dart ? damn i thought you were really hitting that thing , you could have won 8.50 last year , step it up ....lol
WE ARE stepping it up SOON.....the car is running well now, front tires barely coming off the ground,........why you think im trying to keep a low profile......SHHHHHHHHHHHH keep it on the DL....LMAO ;) the car is very capable of winning some 8.50 races now, it just needs a driver LOL LOL....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So will flowing 6lb with the jets squared sound like a better place to start, & then work the fp down from there with the cheater plate ? The big shot plate is my second stage but I'll leave that one alone till I get a handle on the first.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
So will flowing 6lb with the jets squared sound like a better place to start, & then work the fp down from there with the cheater plate ? The big shot plate is my second stage but I'll leave that one alone till I get a handle on the first.
Yes you are correct.

When moving to use the second kit inconjuction with the 1st kit, most will tell you it needs to be leaner...........they are correct.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Yes I run mine there. Wouldnt run worth a dam with the 73n 82f that NOS reccomends. I am still tuning the nitrous but now im at 73 square and 6 psi in a cheater plate

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm running what NOS suggests on a 225 with a big shot plate. I'm guessing I need to move down from the .082 nitrous .091 fuel settings the recommend? I've never made a pass then inspected the plugs afterwards on the bottle

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Track day is the 19th oct. Last time out was 2001. I'm nervous as hell, double and triple checking everything. I might go take another valium.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts