Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
13 spread with only 5psi? that what there recommendation calls.
The spread does not matter. Makes no diff if it is a 2 spread, or a 20 spread, as long as you have the proper amount of nitrous and fuel. The tunes we give out with the kits, are "very" generic and are just a place to get started. From some of our other conversations, I know what you have....the tune I listed will be fine and very close out of the gate.

Monte

·
Registered
390 Posts
.065N............052F at 5 psi will be agood place to start. As far as the new NOS sheet. Go to the NOS site, find the kit you have, open the instructions and the jet chart will be there.

Monte
The NOS sheet is opposite of what your saying. I've been running a super power shot with 73n 82f 5psi fuel pressure for a 175hp shot. Is this rite?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
The NOS sheet is opposite of what your saying. I've been running a super power shot with 73n 82f 5psi fuel pressure for a 175hp shot. Is this rite?

Forget that tune, its very old school, Monte knows.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm just a bit confused. He said go to the NOS site and jet off the chart. If the chart is old what is the proper tune for a 175 shot? Does the jetting change with different solinoids? I'm a bit new to nitrous and i don't want to blow up my stuff. I also installed a two stage in a customers car with two super power shot solinoids and two bigger solinoids on a cross plate with the first kit progressive. If i want 150hp in each is the jetting the same for both? I jetted off the NOS chart but we havn't run the car yet.

·
Small tire Pimp
4,304 Posts

That jetting will make some ashtrays in short order

·
Registered
390 Posts
I only made a few 1/8 mile passes with this jetting and it worked good. After reading all the nitrous jetting stuff here i decided to inspect the engine. It had about 250 n/a 1/4 mile passes. Its all good but the rings leaked down 35%. I'm also running a 1050 alky carb with a seperate fuel system for the nitrous using pump gas. Maybe the alky saved it?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I only made a few 1/8 mile passes with this jetting and it worked good. After reading all the nitrous jetting stuff here i decided to inspect the engine. It had about 250 n/a 1/4 mile passes. Its all good but the rings leaked down 35%. I'm also running a 1050 alky carb with a seperate fuel system for the nitrous using pump gas. Maybe the alky saved it?

35% time to freshen it up, and look for lifted ring lands.
Either way we learned why we burn pistons and lift ring lands (too much fuel & timing), run atleast a 8 jet spead fuel jet being smaller then nitrous, make sure you back off the timing enough, read your plugs and slowly bring your timing in.
Remember you can't hurt your motor with too much timing retard.

·
I kill parts
10,367 Posts
You have one of the old tune-up sheets, which is very rich. They have re-vamped all their reccomended tune-ups, the new charts are available on-line as noted. - The new tunes will run better and make more power doing so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts