Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to nitrous. i have a NOS big shot plate with Edelbrock victor pro silanoids. 565 brodix bb2 cnc heads. single 4 dom. should i go off of nos jetting chart since it their plate. do you flow the fuel with the same size jet as you are running in the plate? or is there a set jet (70) that is standard? i have 82n & 91f in the plate now. 7 psi of fuel & 26* total timing. spraying from start to finish,1/4 mile. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
364 Posts
use your fuel jet out of the plate. you may want to check your jet spreed nos has changed the tune up. you seen to have a lot of fuel

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
The standard jet most people use is a .073 but you need a flow checking set up too. Do you have one? You can go to the IS website and see what they look like and cost if you don't.

·
Registered
7 Posts
new to nitrous. i have a NOS big shot plate with Edelbrock victor pro silanoids. 565 brodix bb2 cnc heads. single 4 dom. should i go off of nos jetting chart since it their plate. do you flow the fuel with the same size jet as you are running in the plate? or is there a set jet (70) that is standard? i have 82n & 91f in the plate now. 7 psi of fuel & 26* total timing. spraying from start to finish,1/4 mile. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
I would call Jimmer at GoFastProductions 616-293-1175 for the best understandable advice

·
Registered
645 Posts
the standard is to use a .073 jet to flow the kit no matter what size jet is in the plate. make sure you have a good flow tool,but always try to use the same guage when you flow the kit so that you know that your getting the same reading.i use a induction solutions flow kit and it works great and have had no problems with it and it comes with a .073 jet in it!! its well worth the money!! heres a link to the flow tool i use! http://www.induction-solutions.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=17_28&products_id=124

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you everyone

i just ordered a flow kit. i did check nos website about jetting. they want to take out a tone of timing. should i just square the jets & start with the timing were i'm at? they recomend 82n 76f. i know every set-up is different, just trying to get some ideas on were to start. my current set-up is rich. runs good but( not real consistant) and i know there is quite a bit left just in getting this tune-up right. thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
thank you everyone

i just ordered a flow kit. i did check nos website about jetting. they want to take out a tone of timing. should i just square the jets & start with the timing were i'm at? they recomend 82n 76f. i know every set-up is different, just trying to get some ideas on were to start. my current set-up is rich. runs good but( not real consistant) and i know there is quite a bit left just in getting this tune-up right. thanks
i started my tune up square.063-.063 and at 6 psi flowing through a .073 jet, after reading the plugs and several conversations with steve over the phone at the track,im now running a 10 jet spread .063f-.073 no2 and 5 1/4 lbs flowing through the .073 jet.oh yeah and on this tune up im running 20*total timing! my suggestion is jet it like nos said and start lowering the fuel pressure and reading the plugs!till you get the plugs to read good!!

2,155 Posts
Anyone got the link to the new NOS jetting?
For some reason NOS has changed the jet chart. So I would say you need to go back to the instructions that came with the kit. If you go to NOS website and look at the jet chart for lets say a Bigshot Plate System, it will be different than the instruction PDF that you can download from Summit for the same system. Not really sure whats up with that.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Most kits will flow with a standard jet (.073). Some kits, especially NX, for different h.p. levels you have to use the fuel jet at that level. They run higher f.p. and funky jet spreads.

All of the NOS plates I have ever set flowing f.p. on, I used a .073.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts