Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had very good luck with all my fogger set ups until I tried the 42 jets. I tried to run a 42n / 40f with 6 psi flowing fuel. I pulled 16 deg of timing (20 total). The system will not run as well as a 36/32 with 6 psi flowing and 12 degrees pulled (24 total). Will the A nozzle support the 42 jets? The car is tube chassis, big tire, 548 BBC with Dart tunnel ram and two dominators. Glide with 1.8 gear. Any help or advice would be great.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked the plugs, and they look ok. I ran 42/42 on a 515. When I went to the 548 I staggered the jets and backed down the fuel pressure. I am using a Holley #96 jet in my flow tool at 6.

·
Super Moderator
12,183 Posts
Don't mean to sound dumb, but are you sure you have the old "A" nozzles ?? Black nozzle with Brass jet nuts ??

If so you may have to make some tuning changes to see the benifits your looking for ?? The other question really should be... will your solenoids properly support your jets and "A" nozzles ???? If you look at the area of the nozzle that carries the nitrous, it's not your problem.... SJ

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, I have black nozzles with silver jet nuts. The fogger pn is 02462 and it is about 4 years old. The kit came with the stainless jets up to the .042, I hope the solenoids are not the problem. I thought anything that was not annular or soft plume was a "A", my mistake. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
12,183 Posts
That's the "B" nozzle in that kit. That kit also has the rubber style plungers in the nitrous solenoids too. As big of a jet as your looking to run it would be worth opening up the nitrous solenoids for better flow as well as taking a look at the nozzles. These are some of the things we really focus on as we blueprint a kit for our customers.. Give a shout if you'd like to talk further in depth about your set up.. Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve, thanks for the help. Any comment on the Holley #96 jet @ 6 psi. Many people talk about only using a #73 at 6 psi. The #96 is what the flow area works out to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts