Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a NOS Cheater Plate on my car and was told to run fuel to front of the plate and nitrous to the rear. The instructions say otherwise. Is there any advantage to running the fuel from the front and nitrous from the rear of the plate?

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
I wish I knew more about the nitrous plates. Hopefully someone else can get in on this. But it was my understanding that it helped with fuel being pushed towards the back of the car on the leave. Someone help me on this one..

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Follow the instructions there are 2 spray bars in a cheater plate one for fuel and one for nitrous each bar has a different amount of holes in the bar. by switching them you can cause some serious lean or rich conditions.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would turn the plate to match either fuel or nitrous. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
If your turning the plate to I wouldn't see how that would make a difference I have seen guys run the plate sideways.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I run a cheater system too, and according to the istallation instructions the diagram is incorrect from the instructions itself. I went with the diagram which put the fuel inlet to the rear and the N2O in the front. I have a fuel pump and cell under the hood so I dont have a problem with not having adequate fuel under hard acceleration. But it does make sense to have the fuel in the front, but if your fuel line is coming from the rear the acceleration is going to get you either way. Just make sure to have a fuel pressure cutoff switch for your NOS system its cheap and very safe for your motor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
85Camaro said:
Follow the instructions there are 2 spray bars in a cheater plate one for fuel and one for nitrous each bar has a different amount of holes in the bar. by switching them you can cause some serious lean or rich conditions.
Swithing from front to back wont cause any harm, put it upside down, then your in trouble.

·
Registered
9 Posts
when i was running a big shot i had the fuel in the front. i ran my regulator in front of the plate so that the cars g force would help the regulated fuel rather than hurt it. i machined a 1/8 pipe to -4 male fitting so that the fuel jet completed the flare like the factory fitting does. then i put an unmodified version of the same fitting in the fuel solenoid and a-4to -4 female female swivel coupler between them so the solenoid is then mounted right to the plate. this helps the fuel get there a bit sooner.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I thought some of you would like to know what I noticed. I have a cheater plate and I recently acivated the kit without the carb in place because of a problem i've been having. I noticed that the fuel does NOT spray directly side to side. The spray pattern actually pointed slightly to the rear(because I have my fuel coming from the front side). I was unaware I was supposed to have the fuel in the rear. guess I should have read the destructions- uh, I mean INstructions-lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I plumbed it so the fuel went to the front also. It picked up from a 7.16 to a 6.54 in the 8th with a 180 shot (per instructions) and the plugs looked good. Its a 3450# car with driver. So I don't know if its wrong or right, but it works for the 6.50 VFN fun street class :) . Maybe I'll turn it around next time out and see what happens? Anyone else have an answer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts