Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chevelle we just picked up has a fully forged 383 along with a NOS Big Shot kit. I don't know that the original builder or previous owner actually ever sprayed it. The supporting equipment seems to all be built and capable of handling anything we spray at it.

My question is on the jetting. The NOS web site and instructions are saying that 190 jets (my plan is to start there) will be 73N/67F. We also have a NANO kit on the car. According to NANO's numbers you need to either go up 20-25% on the fuel jet or down the same on the nitrous jet. If we go up on fuel that would make 73N/73F. That doesn't sound right. Going down on the nitrous jet would also make it square at 67N/67F.

Suggestions on where to start to make 190 hp with the NANO kit?

Thanks!

Scott

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Not sure about the nano kit but I know my 383 with a big shot kit always ran a lot more jet spread then that even before I had it flowed.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I wouldn't adjust for the Nano kit.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't adjust for the Nano kit.
So pull 8 degrees of timing through my MSD Digital 6 box, make sure I have colder plugs and run the 73N/67F and watch the AFR and check plugs?

·
Super Moderator
12,145 Posts
Here's a page that will provide you with better jetting for that kit.. As mentioned for get the nano info. :) As far as timing there is not enough info in this post to properly answer..

https://inductionsolutions.com/tech-info/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts