Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I know property values vary with location, but Sacramento Raceway in California is for sale for 11 million. It will be closed at sale however.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,526 Posts
I know property values vary with location, but Sacramento Raceway in California is for sale for 11 million. It will be closed at sale however.
I almost moved there 20 some years ago, but after spending a day with real estate agents out there, I said fuck Kalifornia! You couldn't pay me enough to move out there!

·
Registered
15,212 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say we are likely to lose it to commercial development.
Trumps fault.......The economy has business growing and looking for property to expand their operations. Proof that Trump hates race tracks and auto racing.........Joke

I hope it stays a drag strip. I like everyone who races hate to see them close and bulldozed.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
It’s kind of a rural are. I couldn’t imagine it gettin bulldozed for a bussiness but who knows
The expensive ass junk yard is for sale too. but i thought they just built a mud park or something on the property as well, TexPlex. the go kart guys havent posted much about it either.

here is a vid of the kart track thats also on the premisis for anyone not familiar with the facility.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Track >> 3236 Memory Ln, Denton, TX, 76207 - Commercial Land For Sale | LoopNet.com
CTC Auto Ranch >> 3077 Memory Ln, Denton, TX, 76207 - Commercial Land For Sale | LoopNet.com

I call BS on the not motivated to sell. People that allow State Tax Liens to be filed and allow them to progress to a foreclosure before paying off a $1550 bill likely have some issues going on. He bought the place for ~$500k and I can see that it might have been profitable at that price over the years but no way is anyone going to make a profit at a ~$6M purchase price.

Also, CTC Auto Ranch has about half of its acreage in the FEMA flood zone, so I don't know about that land being worth anywhere near that asking price.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
1st thing Gene did after buying the track was cancel the bracket program, and that's after telling everyone nothing was going to change. The only real value that land has is its next to the railroad tracks and if some business requires rail car service it would be a plus to them but no way that place is worth 5.9 mill

·
aka old_shoe
16,053 Posts
1st thing Gene did after buying the track was cancel the bracket program, and that's after telling everyone nothing was going to change. The only real value that land has is its next to the railroad tracks and if some business requires rail car service it would be a plus to them but no way that place is worth 5.9 mill
Ya, thats drag strip land forever, pretty unique location. The problem is X-Treme is stiff competition for eighth mile racing.

·
Registered
25,348 Posts
In 73 there were 8 tracks within 150 miles of us. Now, there’s 2. There used to be 2 circle tracks within 150 miles of us in 73, now there’s 8.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts