Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some feedback, I am looking to move down there. More specifically the Gastonia area, or around Charlotte.
Just looking for general information, taxes, how is the job market? I am applying to be a firefighter in Gastonia but that's not a for sure thing.
I need to get out of Illinois, I can't take these politicians killing us with taxes and everything.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
There is a lot of good places to live around the charlotte area. A lot of drag strips and racing in general. My sister lives up there and loves it. You are only about 3 hours from the beach as well.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
On the tax thing, NC may be just as bad as IL. But other than that , you will like it here.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
other than this year we dont usually get a ton of snow. In the southeastern part of the state we generally race unless the water box is frozen.

·
Registered
311 Posts
8% sales tax and property is not that bad, better than ill. i moved here from southern ill. in 89 would never go back.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
sales tax is 8%.gastonia is ok area.im on the other side in kings mtn/grover.gaston county taxes are higher than cleveland county.charlotte has alot of jobs there.good luck with move.pm me if ya need any more detailed stuff on this area.grew up moreless in gastonia and kings mtn.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I have some family that lives in rock hill...gas is usually cheaper in SC too

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Kings Mountain is where I'll be working at least part time at SRC. Also been looking in the Rock Hill SC area, which Gastonia and Kings Mtn aren't too far from the SC border right?
nope 5 miinutes from stroupes.i live accross the street from wally.good shop.they been busy.lots of haulers been there and enclosed trailers.i live on the border in grover.this area is good.where i live i quiet.no big bussiness here and more of country and quiet atmosphere.they are somenice house here also that are very low priced around me.and gas cant get no cheaper being they are 3 truck stops within 10 miles on 85.lol $2.80 a gallon right now

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I am moving to NC as well mocksville area, hopefully getting a job at a race/speed shop somewhere for a bit until i get settled into grad school

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
8% sales tax and property is not that bad, better than ill. i moved here from southern ill. in 89 would never go back.
Same here. We moved fomr Mt. Vernon in S. I'll to Jacksonville, NC, That was like '87 or so. Im in MD now, and cant wait to move back in June

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
kings mtn might even need a firefighter.wally shop isnt the biggest but he does great work and paul is a talent of his own.they turn out some awesome cars.if i need a deal i go to wally for parts also.ive been stocking wallys pond for bout a year now.made deal with him if my boy can catch and release from it ill stock it with bass, striper and crappie.he said ok.so ya know a man that dont mind that he is a good guy.when ya come down give me a shout and i can show ya around this area and help ya find places if need be.

·
TRUE STREET #441
2,476 Posts
I am moving to NC as well mocksville area, hopefully getting a job at a race/speed shop somewhere for a bit until i get settled into grad school
Mocksville is a nice area. We do alot of parts sales for shops there. I live in Troutman and work in Statesville ( about 10 mins west of Mocksville).

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kings mtn might even need a firefighter.wally shop isnt the biggest but he does great work and paul is a talent of his own.they turn out some awesome cars.if i need a deal i go to wally for parts also.ive been stocking wallys pond for bout a year now.made deal with him if my boy can catch and release from it ill stock it with bass, striper and crappie.he said ok.so ya know a man that dont mind that he is a good guy.when ya come down give me a shout and i can show ya around this area and help ya find places if need be.
Paul is definitely a talent, and a super nice guy! That's cool that Wally let's your son fish out of his pond, that house he built is awesome. I saw it before it was finished and was just in awe, so nice.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
yeah i live right across from it.if ya remember the def child sign i live on the gravel drive back in the woods on 5 acres.i can see his house from the end of my drive.and paul will tell ya like it is.lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts