Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I found this to be an exception, because as far as I can tell from reading online that this is real.

Please meet Landon.. his dad Marine LCPL Carpenter made the ultimate sacrifice while serving with the 3/8 in Afghanistan earlier this year.. a month before his son was born. Never forget the price of freedom.

Carpenter was taken off life support on Feb 19th of this year.

Article from MCT...
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/02/ap-wounded-lance-cpl-taken-off-life-support-022111/

local news article..
http://www.wsmv.com/story/15563472/street-in-columbia-to-be-named-after-fallen-marine

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
i cant really say much, this kind of post really bothers me. Im not sure who i feel worse for, the kid, wife, or family...

·
Professional Troublemaker
14,446 Posts
Not really liking that one. Think mom might have some issues, like trying to win a baby picture contest.

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
:( what a shame!

·
Registered
8,556 Posts
I dont care if its real or not or what ever the guy thinks mom is trying to do-It hits home and that should be all-we should look at it if it is for real-this is bad site to see in away but,truthful-so many lives lost and families torn apart-thank you all who puts the uniform on and serves our country.I hate seeing the pic but,I dont think its fake-may he RIP.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Man you are a dick, Stop being such a dick, I know its your place in life, But look at the brighter side of things.

Not trying to speak for him, but I will speak for myself since I had the same thought...

I do feel for the child and family, and appreciate what the father has done for our country.

That picture just looks entirely too staged though, as if the mother was trying to gain attention, sympathy, and profit. She does have my sympathy, but there are many pictures out there that are more realistic. With that said, there is also the possibility that she staged the picture just for herself and for the child in the future, and then it hit the internet and we all know what can happen with a picture and a story in cyberspace.

·
Professional Troublemaker
14,446 Posts
Not trying to speak for him, but I will speak for myself since I had the same thought...

I do feel for the child and family, and appreciate what the father has done for our country.

That picture just looks entirely too staged though, as if the mother was trying to gain attention, sympathy, and profit. She does have my sympathy, but there are many pictures out there that are more realistic. With that said, there is also the possibility that she staged the picture just for herself and for the child in the future, and then it hit the internet and we all know what can happen with a picture and a story in cyberspace.
werd.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts