Yellow Bullet Forums banner

58301 - 58320 of 58618 Posts

·
Registered
16,346 Posts
That's your opinion, I have a different one. We'll see who's right when we pass. I'm saying it one last time and I'm done. You cannot prove or disprove the existence of a god...period. Every single argument from both sides can be argued for ever with no clear winner. Get it? I'm done.
You believe complete fucking nonsense with 0 evidence, just like the Muslims do...... and again, I can’t disprove Santa or any other imaginary being, nobody can

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Are you gay, Butcher ?
Are you asking me for a date? If you want to hook up on line, I think there are apps you can use for that.

No, I'm not gay. However, unlike some of the people in this thread, I have no reason to disapprove of, or hate, gay people. I've met and know several gay people in my life, although I wouldn't call any of them friends. All of them were very good people. Some of them were far less creepy than some straight people I've known.

I've been attracted to females since a very early age, long before I knew what to do with them. It was never a choice for me, and I can't imagine why anybody would think their sexual preference is a choice for them. If you think being gay is a choice, then that probably means you "choose" to be heterosexual. I can't relate to that. Besides, what is the upside to choosing to be gay?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
You will never get it. I've tried to explain in the simplest ways but you just can't understand. I don't know why, it's pretty simple. Take off the blinders and do some soul searching and see what you find.

Ok, I'll try this one more time. I understand what you're saying, but you clearly don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying God doesn't exist. I'm not saying I can offer proof that God doesn't exist. What I AM saying, and you agree with, is that there is no proof that a God exists. Do you understand the difference in those to statement? I'm guessing you don't.

I have taken off the blinders, and searched my mind. I was baptized. I was confirmed. I took communion. I went to Sunday school for six years. I'm as familiar with your religion as you are, maybe even more. You're the one who needs to take the blinders off and look at your belief objectively. Mind you, I'm not saying you should stop believing, just try and look at it objectively.

The odd thing is, I know you have logic and common sense. I'm willing to bet, for every other religion in the history of the human race, you're an atheist. You've looked at them, or heard about them, and thought "There's no evidence to support those beliefs. Therefore, I'm not going to believe in those stories." But then you make an exception for one outrageous story. You actually think "I know there's no proof for this religion either, but I'm going to believe in it anyways."

You can believe in anything you please. However, if you believe in something, that has the same level of proof that stops you from believing in similar things, you can't claim your belief is based in common sense and logic.

·
Void
76,879 Posts
Are you asking me for a date? If you want to hook up on line, I think there are apps you can use for that.

No, I'm not gay. However, unlike some of the people in this thread, I have no reason to disapprove of, or hate, gay people. I've met and know several gay people in my life, although I wouldn't call any of them friends. All of them were very good people. Some of them were far less creepy than some straight people I've known.

I've been attracted to females since a very early age, long before I knew what to do with them. It was never a choice for me, and I can't imagine why anybody would think their sexual preference is a choice for them. If you think being gay is a choice, then that probably means you "choose" to be heterosexual. I can't relate to that. Besides, what is the upside to choosing to be gay?
Sure, but can you prove it ?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Here's a little fact for you non believers, on your death bed, you will believe.

Believe that I'm going to die? Sure

Believe in a sky daddy? I'm at 32 years being an atheist. During that time I have challenged my beliefs. Deconstructed them. Used life experience to see if anything in them has changed. During that time not a single time have I seen anything that made me believe in any god & certainly not the christian one. Quite simply it does not meet the burden of proof while using the Scientific Method. Essentially it can't. Since it doesn't it isn't something I will ever believe in. I did at one time. Until I was 14 I was devout. I know what is in that faith. I reject it utterly.

If it does turn out that I'm wrong, fine. I'd love to give the fucker a piece of my mind & would gladly accept an eternity in hell for it.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Sure, but can you prove it ?
Sure, in as much as you can prove your sexual preference to me. The difference being I don't care about your sexual preference and it wouldn't change my opinion of you. Although, based on your beliefs, you might have a vested interest in hiding, or denying, your sexual preference. I don't have that burden.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Here's a little fact for you non believers, on your death bed, you will believe.
Nope, I won't. There's no proof of any God and there is no proof of a soul. So unless someone can provide proof that your brain survives death, there's nothing after this life. Besides, you're leaving out one possibility. What if atheists are the only one allowed to enter the Kingdom? What if God doesn't allow anyone in who was foolish enough to worship a God created by humans? Or, what if you picked the wrong story to believe in?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The earth is billions of years old. At some point the north pole wasn't the north pole of today, at least geographically and there is actual proof in some book. With that said, at sometime in the recent past, billions remember, we have had books that said that the earth is flat until scientifically proven wrong. So in the context of the bible, or flat earthers there is always people that will believe printed information. The periodic table of elements was also thought to be complete decades ago. I'll finish later gotta go. Work is beckoning Peace

·
Void
76,879 Posts
The earth is billions of years old. At some point the north pole wasn't the north pole of today, at least geographically and there is actual proof in some book. With that said, at sometime in the recent past, billions remember, we have had books that said that the earth is flat until scientifically proven wrong. So in the context of the bible, or flat earthers there is always people that will believe printed information. The periodic table of elements was also thought to be complete decades ago. I'll finish later gotta go. Work is beckoning Peace
Oh the irony.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'd love to give the fucker a piece of my mind & would gladly accept an eternity in hell for it.
This is the most absurd part of the whole concept of religion.... That if I do not take leave of my faculties and believe in a story with zero testable evidence to support, that I would spend Eternity suffering for that decision.

How does that not sound absurd to a rational thinking person.

·
Registered
39,916 Posts
Faith is based on spiritual apprehension. Apprehension is an anxiety or fear of "something bad might happen."

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,860 Posts
This is the most absurd part of the whole concept of religion.... That if I do not take leave of my faculties and believe in a story with zero testable evidence to support, that I would spend Eternity suffering for that decision.

How does that not sound absurd to a rational thinking person.
If I'm sent to suffer for eternity for using the brain I was given, I'll go there knowing I'm more moral than the one sending me there.

58301 - 58320 of 58618 Posts