Yellow Bullet Forums banner

58281 - 58300 of 58620 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
The truth is no one can prove or disprove the existence of a God...period. it's impossible but yet you keep trying. We will both find out the truth when we die.
You don't seem to grasp what I'm saying. The only thing I'm saying is that there is no proof that God exists, which you agree with. You, on the other hand, are claiming that God DOES exist. You are the only one that has a burden of proof, and you've admitted you can't offer proof for your belief. As long as you can come to grips with the fact that your belief isn't based in logic, it's all good.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
To me he exists and I know it, I can't prove anything to you and you can't prove anything to me ( I've said this how many times already). Again we'll both know when we pass on.
How are we going to "know" when we pass on? Are you now claiming to have proof of a soul? Where, exactly, is your soul located? What does your soul do?

·
Registered
350 Posts
You don't seem to grasp what I'm saying. The only thing I'm saying is that there is no proof that God exists, which you agree with. You, on the other hand, are claiming that God DOES exist. You are the only one that has a burden of proof, and you've admitted you can't offer proof for your belief. As long as you can come to grips with the fact that your belief isn't based in logic, it's all good.
It is called faith and some common sense. BTW you can't prove there isn't a god but you have faith in that.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
When I was younger, I asked my priest to put down the bible (not to use it) and prove to me that there was a God, he closed his bible and put it down and I got struck by lightening, after I got up and recovered I told him that was proof enough and he showed me his stun gun and said that it works every time.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
It is called faith and some common sense. BTW you can't prove there isn't a god but you have faith in that.
Wow, you really don't get it. BTW, you can't claim to use common sense. If you believe in something that has no proof of being real, which you've admitted, that flies directly in the face of "common sense". If you were born in a different part of the world, you would believe in something different. The number of people who believe in something has no relevance in whether or not it's "true" or "real".

·
Void
76,880 Posts
Just to be clear, slavery isn't deviant behavior, but homosexuality is. Even though slavery isn't really a choice and nobody is being forced to be homosexual? But again, if God doesn't want homosexuals, why did he create them? I'm having trouble understanding how you think a civilization would be good with slavery but bad with homosexuals. What if only the slaves were gay? Would that topple a civilization?
Are you gay, Butcher ?

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,860 Posts
All those that say being a homo is immoral have all sorts of rationale they use to support their beliefs.

From it being against "Gods" word, to just being abnormal to being the devil at work.

The rationale behind their beliefs doesn't really matter. It is more they ALL have believed it to be immoral for centuries.
Butt, now that has changed in only a matter of decades.
First, I doubt if the numbers are as high as you think they are. As for their rationale,
Against gods word - Who gives a shit? Show that it is possible for a god to exist (I don't know how you would do that) Then show that this god doesn't like homosexuality. THEN show that we should give a damn what god thinks. And if this is the god of the bible, well he thinks slavery is ok.....
Being abnormal - Plenty of evidence showing that it is completely normal across the animal kingdom.
The devil at work- same criteria for god.

That rationale fails.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,860 Posts
I’m happy for you in a way. I wish I could live in an alternate universe.

And yet somehow you mange to believe that God doesn’t exist.
I live in the universe I experience. I have no reason to think there is another.

As for god, I have no reason to believe one exists. I'm not convinced of the claim. It hasn't met its burden of proof. That's not the same as believing god doesn't exist.

If you believe god exists, why?

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,860 Posts
I 100 percent agree God didn't write a single word or sentence found in any bible. It was all by men. But, by men that claim to be writing the 'word (s) " of God.

So, if man fucked up on the words of God when it came to morality and homo's, then how can we possibly put any faith in any of the other words in any bible?

Or, maybe man totally fucked up in thinking ANYBODY walking around 2000 years ago, was in a fact, 'a God" ??
If man fucked up on the words of god when writing the bible, and god is actually anti slavery, then it is on god to correct that. And that has never happened.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,860 Posts
God is a little like a gun, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. It is better to know God, and someday hear from him "Enter now into my kingdom, you faithful servant" and not have to hear from him, "Depart from me for I never knew you"... Just my 2 cents...
Pascals Wager is incredibly flawed thinking.

·
Registered
25,059 Posts
Just to be clear, slavery isn't deviant behavior, but homosexuality is. Even though slavery isn't really a choice and nobody is being forced to be homosexual? But again, if God doesn't want homosexuals, why did he create them? I'm having trouble understanding how you think a civilization would be good with slavery but bad with homosexuals. What if only the slaves were gay? Would that topple a civilization?
Regardless, every civilization has fallen when deviant behavior is normalized. Not my stats, history’s stats. Take it up with the historians.

·
Registered
20,596 Posts
If man fucked up on the words of god when writing the bible, and god is actually anti slavery, then it is on god to correct that. And that has never happened.
My point is, if man fucked up the words writing the bible, then I am pretty confident they fucked up A LOT of the words.

As in, most of them.

Which means there is a very good chance that there never was any actual "God" that walked this earth.

Other than in the minds of a bunch of peyote munching unemployed fishermen and carpenters that had too much time on their hands.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow, you really don't get it. BTW, you can't claim to use common sense. If you believe in something that has no proof of being real, which you've admitted, that flies directly in the face of "common sense". If you were born in a different part of the world, you would believe in something different. The number of people who believe in something has no relevance in whether or not it's "true" or "real".
You will never get it. I've tried to explain in the simplest ways but you just can't understand. I don't know why, it's pretty simple. Take off the blinders and do some soul searching and see what you find.

·
Registered
16,346 Posts
Y
You will never get it. I've tried to explain in the simplest ways but you just can't understand. I don't know why, it's pretty simple. Take off the blinders and do some soul searching and see what you find.
You know what the difference is between you and a Muslim? Where you were born. If you were born in Saudi Arabia you’d have multiple wives and make them all wear those ridiculous outfits and you’d eat up every word of the Koran like it was “Gospel”, with absolutely Zero proof of any of it being real, because that’s what you’d have been brainwashed to believe....same as you’ve been brainwashed here into being a Christian.

the Bible(the basis of your religion) is complete nonsense, written by men decades to centuries after the supposed events by non eyewitnesses with zero contemporary corroboration to back it up. If you actually had any common sense you wouldn’t believe a word of it until some actual evidence had been presented.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Y

You know what the difference is between you and a Muslim? Where you were born. If you were born in Saudi Arabia you’d have multiple wives and make them all wear those ridiculous outfits and you’d eat up every word of the Koran like it was “Gospel”, with absolutely Zero proof of any of it being real, because that’s what you’d have been brainwashed to believe....same as you’ve been brainwashed here into being a Christian.

the Bible(the basis of your religion) is complete nonsense, written by men decades to centuries after the supposed events by non eyewitnesses with zero contemporary corroboration to back it up. If you actually had any common sense you wouldn’t believe a word of it until some actual evidence had been presented.
That's your opinion, I have a different one. We'll see who's right when we pass. I'm saying it one last time and I'm done. You cannot prove or disprove the existence of a god...period. Every single argument from both sides can be argued for ever with no clear winner. Get it? I'm done.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,860 Posts
I've tried. Repeatedly. Reached out to god and got nothing.

It's not my problem though.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
5,860 Posts
That's your opinion, I have a different one. We'll see who's right when we pass. I'm saying it one last time and I'm done. You cannot prove or disprove the existence of a god...period. Every single argument from both sides can be argued for ever with no clear winner. Get it? I'm done.
If you can't prove it, how can you believe it and be reasonable at the same time?

58281 - 58300 of 58620 Posts