Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF leaves for work at a god awful hour in the morning, so she goes to bed early every night. I frequently find myself using headphones to mess around on youtube and whatnot, so I'd like to find a kick ass pair since I'll be using them so much.

What's out there for 200 bucks or so?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have a pair of beats studios. Only reason I have them is because I found them in a car I rented. I like them on flights but that's about all I use them. Decent sound quality, a little heavy on the bass.

·
Banned
16,548 Posts

·
FORD
3,582 Posts
Beats are overpriced junk. If you're looking for noise canceling, Bose has that on lockdown. Noise canceling is important in my line of work, and Bose is it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bose I use them when flying some times I just turn them on to cancel out the noise an dont even hook them up. Not cheap but worth the money.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Beats are overpriced junk. If you're looking for noise canceling, Bose has that on lockdown. Noise canceling is important in my line of work, and Bose is it.
Older Bose, yes. Newer Bose, no. They made cheap as shit now... Nothing like they were.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use bose at work as well, but I didn't like what I saw in the store. the noise cancelling wasn't what I was used to.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
My GF leaves for work at a god awful hour in the morning, so she goes to bed early every night. I frequently find myself using headphones to mess around on youtube and whatnot, so I'd like to find a kick ass pair since I'll be using them so much.

What's out there for 200 bucks or so?
www.headphone.com ... if you can tolerate it get in-ear monitors.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Speak with the folks at the link I provided and see what you can come up with. I have purchased thousands of dollars of products from them over the years and I am happy with all of it. That in which I purchased and didn't like they took back no questions asked and I simply got something else!

·
Brewmaster
12,612 Posts
Another vote for Sennheiser. I don't have their noise cancelling cans but what I do have sound awesome, plus comfortable.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Sennheiser +1

I had a set of AKG550s, better than beats studios but they're not noise cancelling
I used cardas balanced cabled HD650'S and a portable (d battery pack) Desktop Amplifier for flights in Iraq. The setup wasnt noise cancelling but it damn sure was loud enough to drown out the background noise! Headroom supplied me with a few nice rigs... 2 more portable setups!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Sennheiser +2

But that trash talk about Bose above, load of shit in my experience.. you get what you pay for, but with Sennheiser you get the best value for money over any other brand.

Beats are kids junk, sound like utter shit with poor EQ display.

·
Wart Remover
2,831 Posts
Bose is absolutely AMAZING....

At marketing.

Anything to do with actual sound reproduction, Bose falls way short.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts