Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 347 sbf with a vortec y trim makes about 15lbs of boost. we have a dry no2 nozzel after the mass air and we want to spray it to lower the air temp . we will activate the no2 with a rpm activtion switch. my question is how much to spray (jet size ) to start out . has anyone tried this?????
Remeber there are no stupid Questions :razz:

·
Registered
254 Posts
thats a stupid question

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike, I was going to just try to cool the air charge, i really didn't want to have it make any more power . just trying to keep the power it makes .

thanks steve

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Joe Stewart from NC was very successful doing this some years back in a stang,you'll need some fuel to add with it or you'll be lean even if its a small shot.Once that N2O gets compressed,it releases (creates) more oxygen,thus requiring more fuel to match it.

·
Banned
18,113 Posts
If you are running rich now without nitrous, at least 11.5 AF or richer, use a small jet less than .030 in size and pull another 2 degrees of timing out and see how it runs. If you don't get enough cooling effect increase the jet size, take out some more timing, and make sure you keep an eye on the A/F ratio. Don't know how you are controlling the fuel right now (EFI I assume) but above an .030 jet I am sure you will need to start adding more.

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
back in 1994 i had a stock vortech and went 11:02 and added a 50 hp nos jet and car went 10:69 at 135 with only a 50 jet :party

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are a little rich on the top end around 11.2 to 11.5 a/f . I will start using the .018 jet , but i will also watch a/f ratio . we are running the factory efi system with a mass air in open loop .
when we were on the chassis dyno we had to back the timing down because the air intake temps were high!! We will be testing this week end . and i'll post the results .
thanks for replying :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
i was being a smartass.. everyone uses these alky kits too cool shit down .. what wrong with that ?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
How about methanol and nitrous through a single direct port nozzle to "cool" things off?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts