Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running VP NO2 on 399cid 18-degree SBC with fogger. Pretty happy with the NO2 but as always looking for a little more.
Run a 38/34 tune-up, 1/8th mile, small tire True 10.5 heads-up, hotter than hell here (Texas). Drum is running low, time to buy. Is this the right choice? I have other motor specs if needed. I'm not the most experienced tuner so I like the tuning window allowed with the NO2 - if it's real! Not concerned with n/a performance.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
If you are having success with the NO2 then I recommend sticking with it. I have had some racers switch to the C23 from the NO2 and have liked it. But it is a bit more expensive. Maybe get a 5 gal can of the C23 and see what you think.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Is it true that C23 will make more power but NO2 is more forgiving?

Like the OP, I don't care about NA performance.

I have a 406ci 14.7:1 SBC 23 degree plate and fogger true 10.5 heads-up car that we will be firing this weekend for the first time. I have a 5 gallon can of C23 because that is what some others use in our class.

From what I've heard, C23 (~$20/gallon) is twice the cost of NO2 (~$10/gallon). I'm willing to pay the difference if required.

Thanks Jason.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
The C23 is a very forgiving fuel. Try the first 5 gal you have and see what you think. Most major nitrous manufacturers and tuners have info with C23. They can help you out.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Is there a performance difference between the NO2 and C23? I am switching from Torco 118 NOS to VP brand. I have a BBC with single fogger with some good size jets in it.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
The C23 is the best all out fuel for large amounts of nitrous. If you were satisfied with the Torco then the NO2 will be very similar. It should be more forgiving than the Torco. I've been told the plugs are easier to read with the NO2.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
We love the NO2 fuel here. 2 years about 140 passes spraying between 400-500 in two foggers on a SBC and haven't hurt a thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts