Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing cars and motorcycles listed for sale with no title. I can understand the reasons: did not pay taxes; bought from a Pay on the Lot and stopped making payments; previous seller failed to give you a title and mileage is through the roof so you “lost the title”.
What I can’t understand is why the advertised price is full retail. That’s insane!
There needs to be a basic rule that “No Title” means 50% off what the vehicle would normally sell for.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I keep seeing cars and motorcycles listed for sale with no title. I can understand the reasons: did not pay taxes; bought from a Pay on the Lot and stopped making payments; previous seller failed to give you a title and mileage is through the roof so you “lost the title”.
What I can’t understand is why the advertised price is full retail. That’s insane!
There needs to be a basic rule that “No Title” means 50% off what the vehicle would normally sell for.
More rules? Yea that always works... with all thats going on in this country and this " triggers" you? Lmao

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
What no title means, is don't waste your time even bothering with it. No matter what they want for it. Even at half retail price it is not worth it when the cops show up and now say it is stolen. Or the repo man takes it in the middle of the night. Because now you are out what ever you paid for it.
Realistically if they want to sell it they should go get the title.
Had a guy recently want to sell a wrecked truck less the LS engine. I could have made a killing off the parts. When I asked for a copy of the title he got real quiet. I walked away from the deal.

·
Registered
507 Posts
A rule? No. A vehicle will sell for what someone is willing to pay, end of story. Usually the market dictates that amount, and FYI, if you’re seeing “no title” and it’s a race car, well that’s pretty normal.

·
Registered
138 Posts
local LEO makes the rounds at big car swap meets, and I've seen them confiscating cars, later for sale at pick a part, saw them tow a 1-2 yr old tricked out dually and arrest the guy on the spot, cop was glad to tell everyone it was a changed vin# and was stolen.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
No title to me means parts car price and that's only if it checks out as not stolen.
Some people are just stupid and don't realize you can apply for a duplicate title so they list it as no title. I bought a 1971 Monte that was in great shape for a couple hundred bucks listed as not running and no title but he stated he just couldn't find it. (This was a long ago) After I took the car I called the guy and asked if he would file for a duplicate and I had it in a couple weeks.

I always check the vin and make sure it matches the title and try and see if it looks like it's been tampered with. Hell one truck I saw along side the road with a for sale sign said it was a 55 chevy yet it had a split windshield. When the guy came out to talk about it I asked him if the title was a for a 55 and he said yes. I pointed out why it couldn't be a 55 he said he'd get the title. In the end the title didn't match the vin on the truck and he said he paid 15k for it.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
In NY they dont title vehicles that are 72 or older

1 - 9 of 9 Posts