Yellow Bullet Forums banner
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
8,847 Posts
In one of the more recent episodes, one of the racers stated that they "just passed tech, so they are good to go". Do they tech the cars and drivers? In earlier episodes it was obvious that people like JJ weren't gearing up, but the newer shows seem a bit more strict.

In cars that fast the seats should be made to fit THE driver of the car like IMSA, INDYCAR and F1. Broken hips are from a seat and belts that are too large for the driver.

Some people are just stupid, these are those people.

·
Registered
14 Posts

JJ was live on YouTube a couple of hours ago from Tricia’s hospital room.

JJ looked like he’d lost a heavy weight fight. Face burned and puffy.

Tricia was awake and alert and joking. I’m sure she’s got a ton of PT coming and life is going to suck for awhile.

JJ claims the puke tube came off and set the car on fire. He lost control and clipped Tricia’s wheelie bars and sent her into the parked cars in the 160mph range.

JJ claims the Axman car would be back on track in a couple of days. The car burned and then rolled, I don’t see that happening.

He said he went live to stop all the Internet rumors of how bad they’d been hurt.
He posted another video with a group of guys putting the motor together and rewiring the car. Hell he can't sit still and not race.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts

JJ was live on YouTube a couple of hours ago from Tricia’s hospital room.

JJ looked like he’d lost a heavy weight fight. Face burned and puffy.

Tricia was awake and alert and joking. I’m sure she’s got a ton of PT coming and life is going to suck for awhile.

JJ claims the puke tube came off and set the car on fire. He lost control and clipped Tricia’s wheelie bars and sent her into the parked cars in the 160mph range.

JJ claims the Axman car would be back on track in a couple of days. The car burned and then rolled, I don’t see that happening.

He said he went live to stop all the Internet rumors of how bad they’d been hurt.
Burns are no joke, infections are kind of a big deal not to mention nerve and ligament damage.

Sounds like Trish banged her head pretty good too, brain bleed they said. There are going to be some tough times ahead once those drugs wear off. Wonder if they have insurance though Discovery?

·
Registered
342 Posts
hate to see anyone wreck,,, but the other side of that is , wear all your safety equipment,, cert, cages , , the mso are the biggest offenders of no safety equip, no gloves , no fire pants, no hans , just stating what they show on tv , ,, again dont like to see peoples shit tore up or people injured, tv show or not , be safe

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
8,847 Posts
JJ's blue car is running already...Beat to shit, but they say its ready to roll.

Just more dumbfuckery on their part, no telling what's compromised in that car.

If ya gonna be stupid, ya better be tough as they say. No way I would line up beside that time bomb.

I cringe every time I hear his voice

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Why would he be in jail?
Didn't this happen on a public street? If I filmed myself racing on the street, crashed and knocked down a telephone pole, I would be. I have never watched five minutes of this show. Maybe producers take care of all that stuff. I am asking because I know nothing about this show, and I never claimed to. Educate me...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just more dumbfuckery on their part, no telling what's compromised in that car.

If ya gonna be stupid, ya better be tough as they say. No way I would line up beside that time bomb.

I cringe every time I hear his voice
Death Trap. What bothers me is I know that car was built for a larger man. I've got $20 that says they never changed the seat. She bounced around in that seat like a BB in a tin can and I bet it hurt like a motherfucker.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Didn't this happen on a public street? If I filmed myself racing on the street, crashed and knocked down a telephone pole, I would be. I have never watched five minutes of this show. Maybe producers take care of all that stuff. I am asking because I know nothing about this show, and I never claimed to. Educate me...
Discovery Channel goes to the local municipality, where they're racing, and obtains a permit to have the road closed. I'd imagine that they're very heavily insured and they repair any damages incurred while filming.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts