Yellow Bullet Forums banner
61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
44,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
i was watching the new season and Oklahoma boy have a big shop to park the truck trailers and cars discovery is funding these idiots to do this. These cars are not street cars
They are earning everything they are getting...They never claim to be street cars.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It sucks to see that it happened but glad they will be ok. But their group have crashed and destroyed more cars then anyone and have been pretty lucky no one has been seriously hurt but at one point the odds are going to catch up to them.

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
8,444 Posts
Yep....several people not wearing gloves.

Wonder how many think about this....

You crash the car. Smoke is thick. You cannot see anything and there is a fire. Your first instinct is to use your hands to find the door handle.
At least with gloves on it will give you a few seconds of protection if you touch something hot.

Just my thoughts...
Back in the 90's a guy at HRP in Houston was going to make a quick test hit in a 8 or 9 second car and he didn't put on his gloves, at 1000 feet it blew the engine and caught on fire. He said he watched the meat melt off his hands while he was trying to get it stopped to get out.

·
Confused Racer
42,676 Posts
It sucks to see that it happened but glad they will be ok. But their group have crashed and destroyed more cars then anyone and have been pretty lucky no one has been seriously hurt but at one point the odds are going to catch up to them.

I think this is pretty serious....

" Trisha broke both hips and fractured her pelvis,"

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Brandon James and a guy from Cali with
the blue and white turbo chevy 2.
NO, wasn't Brandon James and the blue/white Chevy II that crashed! It was a white 69 Camaro from Detroit with the guys last name of Stevens that was running the blue/white Chevy II when they cranshed. Nova go out infront, went left into the gravel, turn it to the right just infront of the Camaro, putting them both into the ditch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
NO, wasn't Brandon James and the blue/white Chevy II that crashed! It was a white 69 Camaro from Detroit with the guys last name of Stevens that was running the blue/white Chevy II when they cranshed. Nova go out infront, went left into the gravel, turn it to the right just infront of the Camaro, putting them both into the ditch.
Go to YouTube and type in Fastest in America 3. The trailer Brandon James is racing Dennis Bailey then he wrecks and catches fire clear as day. He hurt his back pretty bad.

·
Registered
100 Posts

JJ was live on YouTube a couple of hours ago from Tricia’s hospital room.

JJ looked like he’d lost a heavy weight fight. Face burned and puffy.

Tricia was awake and alert and joking. I’m sure she’s got a ton of PT coming and life is going to suck for awhile.

JJ claims the puke tube came off and set the car on fire. He lost control and clipped Tricia’s wheelie bars and sent her into the parked cars in the 160mph range.

JJ claims the Axman car would be back on track in a couple of days. The car burned and then rolled, I don’t see that happening.

He said he went live to stop all the Internet rumors of how bad they’d been hurt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Last I remember watching that show a looong time ago, these peeps run very fast cars on the street and wear minimal protection inside the car. So, again...play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Many of these injuries are from seats and belts that don't properly fit the driver. Do they still NOT wear fire suits and gloves running these cars? It appears they don't from JJ's injuries.

Stop running fast shit where you shouldn't, this isn't the same as when we thought a 12 second street car was "fast"
I recall reading in Open Wheel magazine years ago about the USAC guy that got burned bad...exhausted his GM $1M health insurance lifetime maximum with this incident. Anyway, the tail tank came loose and was rubbing on the outboard rotor and up in flames soon thereafter. The thing that always stuck with me was he said he was aware of the fire, stopped the car but couldn't get his belts off. Seems the fire "melted" the ligaments in his hands which reduced them to clubs basically, and that was with gloves on. In his mind he was doing everything right like he had done thousands of times before, but it wasn't working. So these guys racing without full safety equipment is something Discovery, or somebody needs to enforce. It isn't worth dying just to look tough.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Actually the word is Trisha broke both hips and fractured her pelvis, she underwent surgery today - she's in good spirits and in recovery, as far as JJ, he has some pretty bad burns on hands/face, but no broken bones, Brian Brit posted a live feed on his FB page a couple hours ago.
Damn, that really sucks. Glad to hear they will be back to "normal" eventually. 2 broken pelvises is no joke. She looks high as fuck on hospital Heroin (Dilauded)

That is one hard hit.

And Discovery's plan to protect the portable lighting system worked....
Does anyone know for sure it was a light tower they were protecting and not a scissor lift for the cameras? I know they use one on the starting line all camouflaged out with military netting.

Doesn't seem prudent to use about a hundred grand worth of rental mini vans used as barriers to protect a ten or fifteen grand light tower. I could definitely see them doing that to protect a couple camera guys up on a lift though.

I sure in the hell have no interest in street racing and hitting parked cars, but I do watch the show. Only a matter of time until someone gets killed, but they seem to be willing to accept the risk.
To be fair everyone that puts 'em in the beams takes those same risk's.

Ole JJ burned a trailer full of racecars to the ground last year too...
That's what it was, thank you!

I remember he trashed a few cars not all that long ago..

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
In one of the more recent episodes, one of the racers stated that they "just passed tech, so they are good to go". Do they tech the cars and drivers? In earlier episodes it was obvious that people like JJ weren't gearing up, but the newer shows seem a bit more strict.

·
Registered
309 Posts
So?

People post about FB, other people post "fuck FB".
People post about NFL games, other people post "Fuck the NFL".
People post about SO, other people post "Fuck SO."
People post about Ford, other people post "Fuck Ford."
People post about Verizon, other people post "Fuck Verizon."

So?

61 - 80 of 130 Posts