Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
44,103 Posts
heard jj has broken legs and some burns, his wife broken pelvis and internal injuries.
Actually the word is Trisha broke both hips and fractured her pelvis, she underwent surgery today - she's in good spirits and in recovery, as far as JJ, he has some pretty bad burns on hands/face, but no broken bones, Brian Brit posted a live feed on his FB page a couple hours ago.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Those are two people that could have quite possibly orphaned their children during this single particular race. I can easily see one of them officially retiring from driving duty because of this. Couple years back, I was just a passenger in a car that was severely T-bone’d at an intersection and for several months after I was jumpy at loud noises and had shakey hands. Those unexpected PTSD effects told me that if I ever crashed my own racecar that I’d probably be finished as a driver.

·
Former RJ instigator
44,103 Posts
Those are two people that could have quite possibly orphaned their children during this single particular race. I can easily see one of them officially retiring from driving duty because of this. Couple years back, I was just a passenger in a car that was severely T-bone’d at an intersection and for several months after I was jumpy at loud noises and had shakey hands. Those unexpected PTSD effects told me that if I ever crashed my own racecar that I’d probably be finished as a driver.
You could very well be right, they do have a stringer full of kids to worry about, if one does quit, I see it being Trisha as she sustained the most injuries, not to mention this is not her first time having a bad wreck, I'm sure it's weighing heavily on her mind already.

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
8,444 Posts
Agreed, and karma is a bitch.
Last I remember watching that show a looong time ago, these peeps run very fast cars on the street and wear minimal protection inside the car. So, again...play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Many of these injuries are from seats and belts that don't properly fit the driver. Do they still NOT wear fire suits and gloves running these cars? It appears they don't from JJ's injuries.

Stop running fast shit where you shouldn't, this isn't the same as when we thought a 12 second street car was "fast"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Last I remember watching that show a looong time ago, these peeps run very fast cars on the street and wear minimal protection inside the car. So, again...play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Many of these injuries are from seats and belts that don't properly fit the driver. Do they still NOT wear fire suits and gloves running these cars? It appears they don't from JJ's injuries.

Stop running fast shit where you shouldn't, this isn't the same as when we thought a 12 second street car was "fast"
I will completely agree with this statement. A car that runs 4.5x to the eighth has zero business on the street. And I know quite a few of these car have been much faster.

·
Moderater
14,830 Posts
That ain’t STREET enough..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Actually the word is Trisha broke both hips and fractured her pelvis, she underwent surgery today - she's in good spirits and in recovery, as far as JJ, he has some pretty bad burns on hands/face, but no broken bones, Brian Brit posted a live feed on his FB page a couple hours ago.
Good to hear

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

Yep....several people not wearing gloves.

Wonder how many think about this....

You crash the car. Smoke is thick. You cannot see anything and there is a fire. Your first instinct is to use your hands to find the door handle.
At least with gloves on it will give you a few seconds of protection if you touch something hot.

Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
7,646 Posts

The further south you go, the less safety gear you have to have. Think it's in the NHRA rulebook.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i was watching the new season and Oklahoma boy have a big shop to park the truck trailers and cars discovery is funding these idiots to do this. These cars are not street cars

41 - 60 of 129 Posts