Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
f-2 gen 2 side slinger fast efi 610 cuin hemi anybody know why it strips all the teeth of of the cog belt , i believe it is doing it when i lift off the throttle at the end of a run because it has boost all the way thru the run , i have 1 blowoff valve no intercooler 7000 rpm in the lights 21 lbs of boost 4000 lb 68 charger

·
Registered
788 Posts
Possibly not enough blow off valve. Add a second one. Or the new pro race one.
Separate lines to feed each of them.
Also a blower brace if you don’t have one already.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I ended up adding a strut directly under the blower to finally fix my belt issues. I was chewing up belts every couple of passes and with some help from folks on here that’s what ended up fixing my problem

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yes. I also have a brace that I bought from jake. Goes to edge of the blower and to the shock tower to preload the bracket. After the brace, I had the same belt for 2-3 seasons.

·
Registered
16,065 Posts
Check all brackets for cracks or rips.
I had the triangle that bolts to the head on sbf rip and I had to completely remove everything to find it.
Welded up and no more problems.
Run the brace also.
Denotation maybe taking place in your tune up.
That’s impressive for an F2 to make that much pressure on 600 cube motor. F3-121/123 is better for your big motor.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the replies, i will put a brace from the blower to the shock tower and going to put another blowoff valve on it or use the pro race one , if that will be enough going to try to put a intercooler on it this winter it is making 250 degrees intake charge , even with the meth / water injection on full blast , yes its making some power, having some tuning issues but pretty happy with it so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts