Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Amazes me the dildo's in America that buy Mexican beers. Mexico' does not have an Iowa, Illinois or Kansas in short there are no " amber waves of grain" in Mexico. Hell if you've ever been there you know growing corn in Mexico looks like growing corn in a rock pile. Ditto on wheat. Let's not even mention growing hops in Mexico's climates. The cheapest thing to brew beer from is corn which always makes for the cheapest/crappy beers. Then of course water is used to make beer and a lot of water from growing the grains to producing the brew. Hey Hombre give me some of that fine Mexican water -- I need to shit. How good's Mexico's beers?............... the fact it's served with a lime says it all.

BUY BEER MADE IN THE USA

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
It's all about the look, or in Corona's case, people perceive it to be "in" because of the commercials.

In blind taste tests, supposedly Corona consistently finishes towards the bottom.

Most people I know who drink it say it tastes bad, but, they continue to keep doing it.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Corn and wheat aren't the only grains for beer. Budweiser uses rice in their mash.

Corona is horrible, but Modelo, Sol, Pacifico, and Tecate aren't that bad.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
It's all about the look, or in Corona's case, people perceive it to be "in" because of the commercials.

In blind taste tests, supposedly Corona consistently finishes towards the bottom.

Most people I know who drink it say it tastes bad, but, they continue to keep doing it.
I always heard even the Mexicans wouldn't drink Corona.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I was in Mazatlan for a week, back in December. Mazatlan is where Pacifico is made. I had never drank that brand of beer before, I always order Tecate when eating Mexican food. I thought the Pacific was pretty good, along the lines of Tecate. I'll order a Pacifico at the Mexican restaurant from now on. I don't know what Corona tastes like, never had one.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,543 Posts
Corona is piss. The others are tolerable if they are the only choice.

Budweiser is piss too.

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
Somebody oughtta start a thread about "Beers you won't drink because they taste bad".

Natty Light
Black Label
Bud Light (might as well be water, but was the beer we drank in college, BECAUSE it was the only beer the girls would drink...want girls to actually drink at the party, gotta be Pud Light!)
Corona
Mold Style
PBR (fucking hipster beer these days anyway)
Schlitz (the "changed" version, old Schlitz was decent; "Schlitz tonight: shits tomorrow!")
Blatz ("Blatz tonight: splats tomorrow!")
Milwaukee Best (if that's their best, no wonder the Brewers suck so bad)

·
Registered
682 Posts
The xenophobia is strong here.

There are many good Mexican cervezas (that's beer to you mouthbreathers). As mentioned, Pacifico, Carta Blanca, Negra Modelo, Dos Equis, Bohemia, etc.

If one chooses to base and opinion of Mexican beer off of Corona, would you advocate a foreigner form his or her opinion of American beer based off of can of Budweiser?

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
I always heard even the Mexicans wouldn't drink Corona.
From what I understand, most of it is brewed in the US anyway. But I wouldn't blame them if they didn't.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.