Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonder if anyone noticed there will be no S/ST racing for the mile high National event this year.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
NHRA drops a class at each national event !!!!! Hit the newbie thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yep,just like there is no comp elim at both Sonoma and Vegas2 this year..Sucks,I would think they would run all classes since car counts are down.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
That doesn't fit into the grand plan of NHRA. What you may ask is the grand plan of NHRA. Well let me tell you my "theory"

I fully and honestly believe that the NHRA is intentionally hurting the sportsman racer so that they can have only Pro cars on sunday. The reason being is that if they can get the "show" done in around three hours they will start trying to get the "show" broadcast live like a NASCAR race is. Or maybe on a 1 hour delay or something. The way I see it working is this. On thursday the sportsman will qualify and friday elims will start and saturday elims will finish inbetween the four sessions of Pro Qualifying. On sunday the "show" will be eliminations "LIVE" or so to speak...

Just my theory....Flame on....

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
That doesn't fit into the grand plan of NHRA. What you may ask is the grand plan of NHRA. Well let me tell you my "theory"

I fully and honestly believe that the NHRA is intentionally hurting the sportsman racer so that they can have only Pro cars on sunday. The reason being is that if they can get the "show" done in around three hours they will start trying to get the "show" broadcast live like a NASCAR race is. Or maybe on a 1 hour delay or something. The way I see it working is this. On thursday the sportsman will qualify and friday elims will start and saturday elims will finish inbetween the four sessions of Pro Qualifying. On sunday the "show" will be eliminations "LIVE" or so to speak...

Just my theory....Flame on....
Sounds about right!!!! NHRA really could care less about the sportsman racer. As long as the stands are packed for the pros.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The S/ST national event goes back and forth betweeen Topeka and Denver, last year Denver ( John Dexter won) this year Topeka

1 - 7 of 7 Posts