Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I get it costs more in changes to run on the mountain but Pro Stock already has to go to Sonoma and Pomona just makes sense to run the whole Western Swing.
Jake,
I would like for you or Crazy Larry to explain how "$" wise running on the Mountain makes sense for the Pro Stock teams.

Stan

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I were calling the shots I'd be tempted to eliminate blowers from pro mod cars and get rid of prostock. Prostock used to be the class where winning was determined by innovation. The rules have eliminated the chances of any innovation.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I cannot see how someone can say the current Pro Stock is boring to watch. Yea, they don't catch fire, explode, sending shrapnel, oil, and all kinds of crap everywhere. They don't wreck $50,000.carbon bodies regularly. I guess the fans like to see destruction, as the fuel classes are just that, in my opinion.
Horray, we like to see hundreds of thousands of dollars in blown up shit.....
I know a guy who used to crew on a well sponsored, competitive fuel dragster some years ago, told me the saying was "No oil pressure? Send it!". Said the normal destruction was incredible...

·
Registered
336 Posts
If I were calling the shots I'd be tempted to eliminate blowers from pro mod cars and get rid of prostock. Prostock used to be the class where winning was determined by innovation. The rules have eliminated the chances of any innovation.
Because the NHRA Tech people are clueless, they NEED cookie cutter rules, as they don't know what they are looking at. This has been going on for years.

·
Registered
336 Posts
No, I'm NOT a NHRA Tech. clown, but I've had at least 24 years of their stupid crap experience as an EX-sportsman racer. Do You? I could write a book describing their ignorance and arrogance....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Caught you cheating did they?
Far from it, only the sheer ignorance of their "tech" guys. A few examples:
" I'm not going to let you run this car, as your window net has no date tag". My response was "it doesn't need to be dated". His response, like a child, "Oh yes it does, whipping out the rule book, See, right here", he shows me the back of the book, I said "You're looking at a mesh net, the car has a ribbon net, it doesn't need to be dated" ( at the time it didn't need to be). He gave me a pissed off look. Then him and another of his guys says," lets look in the trunk", I take the trunk lid off, his comment, " I'm not going to let you run this car as your fuel cell is not grounded, you don't have a ground cable, you could blow yourself up fueling this car with the static electricity." The car has a 3 gallon aluminum fuel cell bolted to the chassis. I said the tank is grounded, it's bolted to the chassis. His genius response was "aluminum doesn't conduct ground, it needs to made of metal to be grounded if it's bolted to the chassis". I told him then "if aluminum doesn't conduct ground, how does a spark plug fire in an aluminum head?". He then gave me a dumb look and then got really pissed off when I asked him to get the Division Director. The Director told him, after looking at the car "Sign the card, the car is legal."

How about the time another genius told me "you are going to have to bring this car back to the chassis builder and have him cut the back of the chassis out and correct it, the x- bracing behind the main hoop is over 30 inches long, that's not legal. I responded: "the car has 1 5/8 x-bracing, not 1 1/2 in. You're looking at the wrong tube chart. Here it says, 1 5/8 tubing, any length permitted."
That little ditty took a phone call to Glendora by him. He couldn't understand what he was reading.

Another one "This car has a stock transmission case, it's not legal, you can't run it". I responded "It has a tagged and dated transmission blanket". his "What difference does that make?".
Most of them don't even read or understand the Rule Book.
Trust me, I could go on and on....
They put that cheesy-looking NHRA t-shirt on, and think they are all knowing and infallible...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts