Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did people lose pride in everything? A few months ago i got promoted to a new building. Get there and the place is a fucking mess. Shit piled everywhere. Just down right nasty. First day i grab a broom and start to sweep the front counter area and all i hear from the guys working there is to not waste my time cause its just a dirty old building. True this place is old as moses and run down but why the fuck not take care of what we got? Started mopping the tile floor in another room and what i thought was black tile turned out to be tan. Think of a nasty gas station bathroom its that bad. Counters that were painted white are black because of so much dirt and dust on them. And not one single fucker cares around here. There is one part timer that tries but with a bad hip he can barely move so any physical work is out for him. And to make it worse these are not just some lazy kids either most of them are from the older generation that gave a shit about stuff. Fuck them Rant off:mad:

·
Banned
18,012 Posts
They will probably take credit when the boss notices how clean the place is.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Are you the boss? If so, set some rules and standards of how you want your office/building to be. I work in a building that was built in the 60's. We all shut down for about 45 minutes each week and do a once over and clean. We all spend as much time here as we do at our homes so we treat it like it's our home.

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,489 Posts
id find another place to work , if they dont care about the building , im sure work ethic in that place sucks !

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nobody likes a clean freak.....
I am in no way a clean freak but damn when you can pick something up and it looks like its been there for 10 years thats bad

They will probably take credit when the boss notices how clean the place is.

I am the boss I made ivery clear today that shit will be changing and they will be pushing a broom or mop or dust rag or something in the down time the have

·
Registered
22,818 Posts
We own over 1.5 million sq feet of commercial property (7 bldgs) for manufacturing Carpet, you could eat off our floors. That is the way the founder wanted it and even since his passing last year it will remain spotless for what it is.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
I've looked at over 100 houses this year, you can't imagine how these pigs live. Open the front door and you've seen enough, next......

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Amazing how people no longer take care or pride in they're own possessions much less they're employers. Decaying of morals.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
This is a huge issue for me where I'm at. I feel your frustration, only difference is I'm not a boss.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I have seen this over and over again as a truck driver. Owner hands driver keys to brand new 126K truck and in six months it looks like dogs have been living in it. Filthy dirty inside and out. It does not need to be kept like a show car but damn, a little windex and a wisk broom wouldn't kill you at least once a week. I would not want to sit in my own mess, I damn sure would not want to sit in someone else's.

Also same as OP, most of these drivers were not kids or new to trucking.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
People are lazy as fuck now, they think "fuck it, greedy company can pay someone else to do that!" Or "it ain't my job" shit that killing it to.

But yes personal pride is gone. If you are poor you no longer need to dress appropriate, take care of your hard, respect others, follow the law, or be a descent person. If you are poor it is just acceptable to be a slob and rude because, well you're poor...
I see it every day in my town, I live next to people like this, most on my block are this way now. It has only gotten worse in the last 6 years! Fuckers leave trash every where, park in no parking zones, yards full of junk big ass fisher price shit toys ect.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The expectations were set too low. Don't blame the employees, blame the old management. It was like that where I work when I got there. Now that I run the shop we have a closing procedure every day. Clean work benches, clean floors, put up tools, etc. when tools are 't accounted for I nut up and everyone looks till its found. When i got there I made sure everyone saw me busting my ass the first couple months. Now ebn something needs cleaning, i put on gloves and start the job the hand it off to a helper. I come back and inspect later and if it isn'r right, i bring them over and explain then I do it right, right in front of them. Now they know they are accountable. Sounds like you are on the right track getting your hands dirty. Set the expectations and lead by example. Good employees will follow suit and bad ones will get weeded out.

JMO

·
Registered
29,524 Posts
A little more info. What do you and the workers do there? Is cleaning part of their jobs, besides cleaning up after themselfs? Should the company hire a cleaning company?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Um no, he said the place is filthy and the "workers" just stand around. Why would the company need to hire anyone else? They've been on the gravy train long enough, time to work. That's why the illegals are taking the jobs. If there's time to lean, there's time to clean. Period.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Where I work we do a yearly survey of employees opinions.

This past year when one employee asked why we don't offer an "employee incentive" (ie: money) for picking up trash around the complex, he was met with a pointed re-direct question from a manager:

"Why don't you just show some pride in the place you work at and pick up a piece of trash when it is right in front of you and put it in the nearest trash container?"

The employee looked around at his fellow employees and claimed it "Wasn't his job".

This fool makes $38 an hour and works in a12 month a year, air-conditioned shop where-in all specialty tools are provided by the company.

Uniforms, safety glasses, work gloves, and a nightly work bay clean up service is also provided also.

Am I wrong for wanting to paint a big X on his back and mark him as someone who might need to be made avaialable to the industry?

Not one single fellow employee spoke up and/or agreed with this sniveling little fuck.

The way I see it, if he's too good to participate in having pride in his workplace, well, then it's time he makes himself "available to the industry"...................... before we do.

·
Banned
9,390 Posts
We own over 1.5 million sq feet of commercial property (7 bldgs) for manufacturing Carpet, you could eat off our floors. That is the way the founder wanted it and even since his passing last year it will remain spotless for what it is.
You could eat off any floor so thats not really a big deal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts