Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my motor has been sitn up for about 2 years, we changed the oil crunk it up it had 60 psi of oil pressure, let it sit for a couple hours bout 40 psi, now it has about 25 psi motor dont knock runs fine but no oil pressure, i was told it could be bearings or oil pump any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had a friend where the bearings stuck to the crank from sitting for a long time like that. Basically had the same things happen that are happening to your motor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
distributor was never taken out, should i just take it apart and put all new bearings cam, rod, crank? thanks for replys

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
what oil filter you running..??? If it's a FRAM, good have collapsed.. You would think if the bearings stuck to the crank there is a bearing clearance issue then.. Might want to check the oil psi gauge.
also could put an oil pump primer in the motor and see what you get first before pulling it apart..;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the first time we crunk it up it had 60 psi at idle, the last time we crunk it up it had 25 psi at idle i put a purolator oil filter on it

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would try a different gauge - you never know, sometimes they go bad too...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Like fast406malibu said above check the oil filter. I had a brand new Wix filter collapse on me after 1 pass.Also make sure no debris is in the line itself or at the guage. Good luck! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Recently had a friend call me to pick my brain and had the same symptoms..... Turned out to be two bad cheap oil filters in a row that had collapsed internally and did the same thing. I second the suggestion of running a Wix filter, and we will only run the Wix Racing filters since they will withstand higher oil pressure operation. You also did not say what kind of motor, but if it is a Mopar BB with external feed lines they can suck air and still not have a visible leak, causing low or no oil pressure. Last things that come to mind are a loose or broken oil pump pick up, and then maybe the possibility of a stuck oil pressure relief valve in the oil pump.... ran into that one on a Toyota once resulting in 5 psi. It's not your bearings..... well, not yet. hehe Good luck and let us know what it turns out to be?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a oil filter clog from running additives that were not compatible with the oil,,as rpm s went up,oil pressure went down,changed oil and filter and back in business

1 - 14 of 14 Posts