Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there Is going to to be another one in Schaumburg Il, I Went to their site and its Gone. I know a good amount of vendors didnt even show up this year http://worlddragexpo.com/ What Happened?

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Bummer, went there last year (2009) and had a blast :(

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
OMG! at $8 a head for admission, plus what the vendors and swap-meet paid, it had to be a money maker.

Maybe it needs to move to Wisconsin...

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
probly another example of some big shot at the hotel saying lets charge more. if we raise the price we will make more money. but it will prbly sit empty 2x as much. thats like the local mall here. used to be jam packed. they kept raising the rent. now everyother store is closed.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Still no expo???? Heard someone else doing it is this true? Love this show. Not real great on the parts but the hotel is fun at night

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I went to one and was not impressed. It may have gotten better in the years after I went, but I felt like they should have paid me to walk in and waste time like I did.

·
Registered
970 Posts
No expo in Schaumburg, but there will still be the one at Pheasant run in the end of Feb. But, this is the one that does'nt have any parts for sale, just new stuff and it's all got to be bought through Winner Circle, since they are the ones that put on the show. Just as easy to go to your local speedshop and buy what you need unless you want to look at stuff at retail prices and try to make a deal. Either way, everybody that sells anything has to pay Winner Circle a commission. That sucks.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The wife and I had a good time at the show last year but it was not the perfect market for my product. Never done real well with the swap meet crowd. I heard that the price was going up for the facility and they would not get a break in case of bad weather. They would have been a snow storm away from loosing their ass............ On a side note I think Brian Olson is putting on a Drag Expo in Central Indiana in early 2011. Brian is an announcer for the Speed Channel and ADRL as well as the owner of Olson Paint and Body.

·
Registered
503 Posts
That show had its good points and its bad point. Overall I felt the show was a success, but seemed to fall off a lot once Winners Circle left and started their own show.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Please update us if you or anyone else hear more about the possibilities of the show in central Indiana.
Yes, there is going to be a racers trade show and swap meet in Kokomo Indiana, Friday and Saturday, January 21, & 22. The show is being promoted by Steve Daniels (BHD) Bunker Hill Dragstrip, Brian & Drew Olson, Olson Paint & Body, Drew Olson Graphics. This is a Friday afternoon, 3-9pm, & Saturday 9a-5pm show. (NObody likes coming back in on Sun.)

Go to this link for complete information. http://www.cabinfeverracerstradeshow.com/

We are not trying to take the place of, or the business away from, any other show, past or present. We chose our date, and was trying to be considerate of, all the other shows that are/were out there.

Our motivation was to bring back a show that had been in Kokomo in the past, had outgrown the facility and moved to Indy, and had mostly a speedway or roundtrack following. If our event takes a drag racing direction, that would be great. However we believe that it will have a good mix of all racing venues, everyone is welcome.

There are roughly 200 10X10 spots available, of which we are roughly half sold, still room if you want to get onboard.

See the website, then email or call. Brian Olson 765.469.0768, Drew Olson 765.469.0066, Steve Daniels 765.860.1095 / 765.689.8248 You know,,,, there could be a freeby for the YB member that keeps us at the top the most.

I have never been, but I understand that there is some excellent after hours entertainment in the Kokomo area, just sayin, in case that's the deal maker.

·
Registered
516 Posts
No expo in Schaumburg, but there will still be the one at Pheasant run in the end of Feb. But, this is the one that does'nt have any parts for sale, just new stuff and it's all got to be bought through Winner Circle, since they are the ones that put on the show. Just as easy to go to your local speedshop and buy what you need unless you want to look at stuff at retail prices and try to make a deal. Either way, everybody that sells anything has to pay Winner Circle a commission. That sucks.
The manufacturers don't sell direct, that is true. However, there are other vendors there, such as ourselves, that have items offered for sale. We paid Winner's Circle nothing in the way of a so called commission. We plan to attend this year as well and we're told that the show is expanding into yet another building with a free shuttle service back and forth! Looking forward to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts