Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
****** Kong
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got both casts off! Right foot is still in a air trax cam walker for another month or so. Trying to use crutches as much as I can, but I feel like a fawn. My balance and coordination on them is terrible. I start physical therapy next week to get all that back. Forgot how tall I am. Its crazy looking down at shit that I got used to being eye level. I still have to use the chair if I'm gonna be moving around alot, but its nice to be able to wear jeans again!

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
I never caught how your feet/legs got messed up?

Did you ever figure that workmans comp stuff out?

Good to hear you are making progress. I spent 4 weeks in a bed then 6 more in a chair. I know how bad it sucks.

·
Registered
16,050 Posts
Congrats

·
GOD
1,860 Posts
great news :D

see if you can do some aqua therapy...being in a pool is really good therapy and its light resistance and you will have excellent results.

best of luck to you....I bet you cant wait to ride again...I know the feeling all to well

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Congrats. That must feel good to get rid of those casts.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Great news brother!

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
Great news, now you should be able to get ready for BORN FREE 7. See you there

·
Beer Pong Champ (Retired)
6,830 Posts
Did it smell funky?

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Will you be coming here to Roch??.

·
****** Kong
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did it smell funky?
Yes. Fortunatly the wife is a district manager of a beauty supply store so she got me a pedicure kit. Soaked, exfoliated, chemical callous remover, and pummice stoned them. They definatly smelled dead. A 1/4 inch layer of dead skin came off with the cast.

·
****** Kong
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never caught how your feet/legs got messed up?

Did you ever figure that workmans comp stuff out?

Good to hear you are making progress. I spent 4 weeks in a bed then 6 more in a chair. I know how bad it sucks.
I was 20feet up an a ladder that broke due to improper fiberglass. It was 2 weeks old, I was well below max height, and 100lbs under the weight limit.

I got a workers comp lawyer. He's on it. Had to get Medicaid for now. Feel like a dirtbag having a "benefits" card, but I had to do something. I paid $4500 out of pocket. Its gonna be a long process, but with the comp and personal injury lawsuits I'll get it back. I've lived hard before, I can do it now.

It definatly sucks, but I'm on the downhill and coasting now. Just gotta push through the therapy and get on my feet again.

·
****** Kong
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
great news :D

see if you can do some aqua therapy...being in a pool is really good therapy and its light resistance and you will have excellent results.

best of luck to you....I bet you cant wait to ride again...I know the feeling all to well
I am doing aqua therapy, the therapist is Hot!!!! Wife is not stoked on her hahaha

Congrats. That must feel good to get rid of those casts.
It does. Everything feels weird as hell on my feet.

Will you be coming here to Roch??.
Why?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
start kicking some ass :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts